Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015 4 Weeks Old!

Happy Birthday Wee Ones! They celebrated the way they celebrate each new day - drink, play, sleep, repeat
They are starting to stay awake longer and play a little harder each day. And, unbelievably become cuter each day. Against all odds, I forecast they'll be even cuter tomorrow ;-)
I've sort of settled on a combination of sleeping in the real bed with the monitor and then sleeping on the ottoben bed for the second 'half' of the night. It would appear that after I've gotten the minimal amount of sleep necessary to stave off exhaustion. I lie there listening to the monitor and worry about it going off so it's more restful to sleep beside the puppies.
We brought the outdoor play stuff up today (and put away the extraneous fish tanks - now that the temperament issue rescue fish have mostly died (the ones that killed hte other fish and therefore had ot be separated), I have managed to be down to 2 tanks (and neither of them has to have a plexiglass divider!). So I've been doing a lot of fish tank cleaning in the recent warmer weather (it was too cold for me to want to fool with the hose for a while there) while puppies sleep on the other side of the glass door.
I'm excited to take the babies out to play but it'll wait for a sunny, warmish afternoon (sun doesn't come over the hillside until mid/late morning) to begin. It looks possible this week though. I'll be sure to document it when it happens.
Dog CIndi is putting pictures from this weekend on the link this evening so you may be able to observe the puppy cuteness there.
LeAnne said the latest weight watchers graph isn't very interesting so I'll report the old fashioned way: Mayor Bumble is the largest at 5.6lbs; Vespula is not too far behind at 5.2; Buzz E. is at 4.6; Little Green Hornet gained a lb and is 3.8; Bizzy and Honey are 4.8 lbs each. Good growing pupsters and good job Bela! With the exception of 1/2 cup (total) formula that they wore more than ate a week ago, that's all from Bela nursing them. Good thing I feed her well, even if she does often insist that I spoon it up for her. She's not picky, she's spoiled. Her other human told her the other day, she was going to be in for a rude awakening when she goes back to her house when she's done with the babies. (I do it as much to keep her from putting the food all over the floor as to cater to her whims.) Today I fed her while she fed the babies - she went in to clean up after them when I had ust gotten her food ready and they all wanted to eat too so I fed her while they ate.
The last couple of days, we've noticed Bela will nurse the puppies while she's holds one of her toys in her mouth. That's so very Bela. She once napped on me for a couple of hours (she was upside down). After we both woke up, I noticed that she still had a piece of rope in her mouth ;-)
Puppies approved of their newest toys today and B no longer bats an eye at the paino toy making noise. They are getting better at grabbing and carrying toys, too. It won't be long before they are stealing Jack's monkey paws.
Bela and Jack both want me to stop typing and the puppies are drawing me in so I'm going to wrap this up earlier tonight. Anything exciting that happens from this point on will have to wait for tomorrow ;-) Puppy breath to all, Nighty, nighty nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment