Monday, March 9, 2015

March 8, 2015 Pupdate

Last week at this time, we knew puppies were happening soon but were really hoping she/they would hold off until Monday to arrive so we could get a full night's sleep. I think Bela was the only one who got any sleep though We worried about every noise/move she made all night long. But we weren't late to the vet even with all of the stuff we had to load in the van
We've had another day full of endless games of duck, duck goose here in the rubber room. The puppies don't seem to mind it at all. There aren't many things they do seem to mnd. Occasionally one of them will fuss momentarily when I scoop them up but I keep explaining to them that if they are going to be all adorable, that's what is going to happen. By then they've stopped fussing anyway ; -)
Today the pink girl was giving a good impression of attempting to climb the wall of the pool. When I picked her up, she was a little annoyed that I thwarted her attempt but then she made a good effort at climbing up into my sleeve (I had her inside my jacket, I'm trying to find a jacket puppy since Armada outgrew that position long ago unless I find a big coat.)
Have I mentioned that they are really cute? I have? Well, you might as well get used to it because I suspect it will be a recurring theme.
It was a beautiful day here today. I still had to wear my boots to take the dogs out to potty because of the snow but I was in shorts and as long as I was in the sunshine, I wasn't cold. I WAS sleepy because during my time to sleep, the neighbors were using chainsaws. I suspect they had some trees/limbs come down with the big wet snow last week but at first, I thought the MSU was out doing it and then I thought the puppies were unattended. By the time I realized that wasn't right, I was too awake to go back to sleep. I napped some on the ottoben bed but it's not quite the same. Tomorrow is a white noise day.
I opened some of the windows for part of the day. It was nice to hear the water running off of the roof and off of the hillsides. I keep one of my talking thermometers right beside the whelping pool and check it a lot but it stayed between 69 and 72. It was daylight until after 7:30 tonight, I have hopes that in a few weeks, the weather will be cooperative for the pupsters to go outside. For now though, we are going to do out evening ritual and say nighty, ngihty nighty.


Cristi Fogus Wetherholt (Blindchick)
Allyn Portuguese Water Dogs - Structure,Temperament, Drive...ALL IN!
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment