Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015 2 weeks old

Happy 2 week birthday pupsters. We set up the monitoring system (apps on iffen and ipad) last night and I went to lie down around 12:30. I was still fiddling with the monitor when Bela was barking, I thought she was barking at the deer outside (she had been barking at them at potty time rght before bed) and I came downstairs to go help her scare them off so she'd rest. She was not barking out the doors though, she was barking for ME to 'come get this puppy!'
Vespu had come over the wall of the pool. I'm pretty certain that previous puppies were in the pool at least until their eyes were open but I'll have to check to be certain. I'm glad we rearranged instead of shaving butts and muzzles or it would've been a lot more work to set up. As it was, I had to bring the next stage totes out today and pack up the '0-2 weeks' stuff. I guess that's a slight misnomer for that tote now.
Needless to say, I spent another night on the ottoben bed. At least it is very comfortable.
I think is it safe to proceed as if we are almost completely out of the neonatal period and into the transitional period. And it's time to increase Bela's calories again.
The puppies seemed to like their new digs just fine and I don't have to worry about them getting out. I'm sure I'll find something else to worry about soon enough ;-)
It was another lovely day, I'm excited for spring and for taking the pupsters outside. It's nice to have springtime puppies. We should get thunder and rain and hopefully the pond will be warmish for swimming so we don't have to put on all of our neoprene.
There's only a few days more of puppy yoga but puppy breath and cuddles will continue. I'm going to get things ready and see if I can start getting my days and nights back on track a little more.
Bela must have the same idea because she just opened the bar early. The puppies bellied right up to the bar so I'll have to wait a few minutes to do nighttime feeding (of the big dogs), puppy yoga, and cuddles. Then we'll send puppy breath to all and go Nighty, nighty, nighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment