Thursday, March 19, 2015

March 18, 2015 Pupdate

The little ones are definitely developing their eyesight, they have started fussing at the bars of the ferret ex pen. Mayor Bumble has been grumbling and barking and talking at it. Sometimes, it gets his mama. Other times it brings his Aunty Doodlebug and soemtimes, that lady pcks him up and cuddle. Occasionally, it just gives him a chance to exercise his lungs and practice making dog sounds.
Their human Nana and Granddad came by this afternoon to meet and cuddle them. Their mama decided it was time to open the bar not long after they arrived so we interrupted cuddle time for feeding time. After they fnished eating, we completed the rotation. The bar opened again later and they all ate again. Mayor Bumble almost slept through that time but he made up for it at the end.
I prepared some formula to to have on hand for when they are ready to have a liitle drink here and there. I need to get the satellite bowls ready for them, too.
Bela has started to take toys into the pen and leave them for hte puppies. So far, they aren't overly impressed by them but they do climb over them and a few of them were napping on the pink and purple baby blankie with squeakers in the squares that has been a favorite toy since SDB's first litter.
She's also had a little more time for cuddling. This morning, I went back to sleep after I fed them breakfast and, after she fed and cleaned the puppies, she cuddled with me. The only space left (Jack, Jill and SammieDoodlebug were all on the ottoben bed with me) was across my shoulders and chest so when I woke up (the phone rang) I couldn't get up until she decided to move. That's my Bela, if you don't have the sense to spoon her (you need to be the big spoon), she'll waller all over you (and then bitch slap you when she thinks you are - or should be - waking up.)
We send virtual cuddles and puppy breath to all. Nighty, Nighty, Nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment