Wednesday, March 11, 2015

March 10, 2015 Pupdate

Between watching puppies and listening to a puppy culture videos, I stayed awake way too late last night. The rain moving in didn't do wonderful things for my head either (I still get weather related headaches but the new Neuro's system for the Botox is NOT as good as the old dr. If he won't do it her way, I'll be looking for a new neurologist again) so it took a long time to get to sleep this morning. I think I may be turning into a vampire since I'm more active at night (except I love the sunshine, not that we had any today) and slog around until I liven up in the middle of the night.
I liked the videos a LOT and am reassured about all of the things that I do (and I'm really glad that I don't have lazy dams) and found a new thing or two to do. I haven't listened through the whole 12 weeks - just through the first 5 or 6 but I have time before the other ones are applicable. I will strive NOT to binge watch all of the other ones tonight.
Dog Cindi came by this evening to visit. We held a weight watchers meeting - well we tried to have a weight watchers meeting and then we realized that all of the puppies except 1 have outgrown my kitchen scale. So I got out the bathroom scale and a basket and we reconvened the meeting. 4 of the puppies are 2 lbs or over (my bathroom scale only wieghs in .2lb increments) and another one is closing in on it. The bright green collar boy is still the smallest but he is 1.75 times his birth weight too. (The other puppies are dancing around doubling their brith weights but since it's a different scale, I can't say that for certain and we know how important being accurate and presice about such things is to me.) I guess the daily collar increasing has been for a good reason.
I think the puppies may be spoiled. I know, everyone is shocked that puppies of ine would like to be handled. But they like to be snuggled and cuddled and when they are petted, they stretch and lean into it. A fussy puppy will generally settle down if I lean in and give them some kisses or put a hand on them. I was resting on the ottoben bed (not sleeping because the phone rang 3 times and the UPS man came to the door) and one of the girls was fussing so I picked her up and cuddled her in the bed with me for a few minutes. I think she has the making of a good bed dog some day ;-)
I am struggling with 'names' for the babies. There are couple that keep runinng through my head that I don't like but they seem to be stuck in there. I do kind of like the Brady Bunch kid names but that might be confusing with Cindy and Peter (Dog Cindi and her MSU Peter). There are also 6 pack names but I don't really have 6 of those that feel right yet. I can try to only use their collar colors but that never works and let's face it, I'm attached to them before they are even born so not 'naming' them doesn't help make it easier when they leave. So they'll get names as they feel right. Or they'll be like the big dogs and have multiple names all along.
Dog Cindi took some pictures and the ones I took and put them on Dropbox. The lnk in the other post shoudl work but I'll also try to put it on the sidebar, too. I just have to remember how to do things (I've just been emailing the posts into blogger this time.)
I'm going to complete our nightly ritual and hopefully nap a little by the pool. Maybe I'll be a little perkier tomorrow. Nighty, nighty, nighty



Cristi Fogus Wetherholt (Blindchick)
Allyn Portuguese Water Dogs - Structure,Temperament, Drive...ALL IN!
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment