Wednesday, March 4, 2015

March 3, 2015 Pupdate

March 3, 2015 Pupdate
I must say that it was a lot easier (for me) when thee MSU did night duty with the puppies. I ending up staying up until 6 something this morning with them and then got a few hours of sleep while he did puppywatch.
Bela is settling into motherhood nicely. She isn't all that thrilled with cleaning up the poop but she is doing a pretty good job of it. On the rare occasions that shse comes out of the whelping pool, she takes the opportunity to do a quick scan of the room to make sure there isn't a better location for her puppies but then she hurries back in to them. She's very careful not ot step on them, too.
She's already having the urge to dig (her Mama and SDB usually didn't hit that until day 3) so I put a rug outside the pool for her to do her digging. She is careful not to dig where the puppies are but I don't like her digging in the pool at all so that's our compromise.
She has decided that, as a princess of the blood (her mother is the queen after all) she will be taking her meals in the whelping pool until further notice. This afternoon, she suckered us into having CIndi hand feed her liver water cottage cheese omelet so I guess I m lucky she's willing to eat out of hte bowl or from the spoon. She's not being finicky about what she eats so much as WHERE and HOW. It's much more amusing to write (and probably read) about than it is to figure out exactly how she would like to be served but I don't mind. She's been doing the hard work ;-)
Jill and SammieDoodlebug have been pretty obviously securing the perimeter. I hope Bela appreciates their vigilance since they are very carefully poitioning themselves where they can guard the entrances. These are not locations they usually choose to occupy but they also check on B and the puppies (she seems quite satisfied with that arrangement but I still close the ex pen so she has some privacy with her babies. She does seem happier to go out when one of them are going in to check on the puppies. If I dont' let them, she hurries back in - sometimes aborting her trip outside - so I let them. I may be sleep deprived but I eventually figure things out.)
The pupsters wish their Great grandaddy (human - not sre whether he is their granddad or great granddad or even great great granddad or all of the above) a Happy Birthday today (although if I don't post this soon, it'll be over). As do the rest of the household, human and canine.
An for now, I am going to snuggle Bela and the puppies one more time before I cuddle up with the other 3 dogs on the ottoben bed with my hand in the pool. It's custom made furntiure - nothing but the best for our rbber room (granted it's custom made by us to be the exact right height for my arm to hang off into the puppy pool but it's exactly what I wanted.) Nighty, nighty, nighty.



Cristi Fogus Wetherholt (Blindchick)
Allyn Portuguese Water Dogs - Structure,Temperament, Drive...ALL IN!
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment