Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March 9, 2015 1 week old Happy Birthday Puppies!

The pupsters are a week old today. We also forgot to wish their Dad a happy birthday yesterday. I hope he had a good one.
We didn't do anything very eventful for their birthday. At this age, uneventful is good. I like them to spend their days eating and sleeping and singing, being the little Super Troupers they are. It's possible we do a little cuddling, too. When Bela goes outside to potty, SammieDoodlebug plops herself down in front of the whelping pool. Bela spends a little more time just outside the box, too but she is always on call.
Sometimes, when I am snuggling the puppies in teh box, she will snuffle my ear and then the puppies. I try to avoid getting too many kisses from her right now but I do like to give her other options. It's not her fault her wonderful mothering requires her to lick them clean to make them potty but I still don't want her licking my face. I give her plenty of kisses and cuddles to make up for that.
The puppies are making some funny noises. They remind me of Tribbles sometimes but the MSU said this morning that Yellow woke up, surfed his way around the pool presumably looking for the bar and when he didn't encounter it, he barked. Bela was napping rihgt outside the pool and responded immediatley. She seems to understand which sounds mean something serious and which ones are just puppy sounds. Her mother and sister seem to agree with her assessments so I'll trust their opinions.
For now, we'll continue puppy yoga and general cuddling and they'll keep up with the eating and sleeping duties. I'll also increase Bela's caloric intake. She's become pretty cooperative with that. I was having the old dogs eat in their crates so that she wouldn't feel pressured. That doesn't seem necessary any more. She eats her chciken quarters pretty enthusiastically, cleans her bowl pretty quickly and this evening when her mother was being picky about eating her fish, Bela just stuck her head in the bowl under her and gobbled it up for her. Obviously none of them are resource guarders amongst each other but I'm still vigilant. Constant vigilance is my motto anyway ;-)
Dog Cindi is supposed to come over tomorrow evening so maybe we'll hae a weight watcher's meeting. They won't hold still long enough for my talking scale to get a reading. I think they are going to outgrow the kitchen one soon, too. But they seem to be healthy and happy and strong so I try not to worry overmuch when I can't do my spreadsheets daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment