Thursday, March 5, 2015

March 5, 2015 Pupdate

March 5, 2015 Pupdate
Amother morning started in the puppy pool. We have gotten a lot of snow and it's still coming down at 9;45 when I am starting this. It is a heavy, wet snow so there are trees coming down (there aren't trees big enough/near enough to the house to get us). Some of the volunteer pines at the ege of the woods are falling down though. Jill and SDB, as our department of homeland security, decided that it was a high threat level and sounded the alarm and set up a perimeter. They sounded quite fierce and B felt that she should come out of the whelpng pool to provide an inner perimeter. I got them quieted down ('thank you' and cookies works wonders) but they were still on high alert. So I expanded the perimeter and gated off their access to the last few feet of that wall of windows and they've settled down. I;m not sure who they think wold be able to get out in this stuff to get here to try to stage a puppy nappiing anyway but if someone tried, they'd be thwarted. Unfortnately, it's getting really cold tonight so not much chance of it going aay before the weekend. May not be able to get puppy visitors this weekend - especially if the tractor bucket thingy (very technical jargon there, I know
Puppies continue to fulfil their only responsibilities: eat, sleep, and be adorable. They feel like they are growing and re content most of the time so I'll not worry overmuch until I have a weight watchers meeting.
The girls are VERY funny about the box that we used to carry the puppies to the car and into the house. I finally wised up yesterday and left it on the floor. They still occasionally stick their heads in the empty box but at least they aren't climbing and jumping up trying to get to it. I put the puppies in it to switch out their linens, I get the other pool combo ready (double stacking the pools and tucking the linen between them works like a charm) but I have WAY too much help from the Aunt and the Mama's Mama while I am doing that to put the puppies the clean one and scoot it into position. They are working dogs so they are always helping ;-)
I had to loossen collars again today. I did that yesterday but a couple of them were getting tight again thsi evening. When I was cuddling them this evening, a few of them yawned for me. I didn't get any puppy breath but I don't think it will be long.
If I figure out where/how to upload the bunches of pictures I took today (I used burst mode) so someone can go through and delete the blurry ones, I'll post them. Until then, you'll just have to take my word that they are awfully cute.
Time for our nighttime routine. The Mama needs some calories to pass along to them and I need some cuddles. Nighty, nighty, nighty...



Cristi Fogus Wetherholt (Blindchick)
Allyn Portuguese Water Dogs - Structure,Temperament, Drive...ALL IN!
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment