Friday, March 13, 2015

March 12, 2015 Pupdate

Good morning Good morning the little pups say. And then they eat and nap agan. It's a little strange not to have nay brown puppies in the pool. We've had 2 or 3 since the our second litter. Bet all brown would be stranger still. There seem to be a lot of white feet in there too but most of it will probably go away. Dog Cindi says several of them have white tips on their tails but it's pretty small and will most likely dissipate as they grow. Their little toenails grow very fast.
Forwarding the phone isn't working (it still rings at least once) and I've been just turning the sound off on iffen but it still vibrates. Tomorrow am, I'm putting iffen on Do not disturb and unplugging the house phones. The MSU can get any urgent calls on his iffen. That way, he can be told about the fabulous offer to transfer our non existent high interest credit cards or government offered cell phones while I sleep. When I did wake up fully, there was a text on iffen that Mila (the puppies' cousin) had shown well in Louisville and was Winner's Bitch and Best of Winners for her second major. We wish her luck tomorrow, too.
Yesterday was very nice and sunny. Rain was forecast for today but so far, we are having some sunshine. It doesn't feel as warm but it's still a nice change. I'm ready for springtime.
The binders for puppy books came yesterday so I can get started on those when I have time. I found some that are close to Bela's green. (For water work, we've sort of color coded the dogs. Purple is the color they all have in common but each of them has a bright color that we use for their harness, bumper, drag bag, etc. so I can keep track of which is which when the village goes together (my preferred method). Jack didn't like other dog's saliva on his things so we never share anything but the net.
They seem to be grwoing a lot. I have to keep loosening their collars. I think it won't be long before most of them have to move to the full length ones. I like these bright colored velcro ones. There are still some dull colors in the package bt we didn't have so many puppies that we had to use those.
Bela is having a little more time away from the puppies to do very Bela things. Last night, when I was blowing out the other 3 dogs hair after showers, Bela 'needed' her turn on the table. She LOVES the table. When we are doing toenails, we might as well just do her one foot at a time because she wants up on the table EVERY time another dog gets down. She has been known to sleep on the table. She loves the table part of dog shows and she always wants on the table at the vet. So last night, she wanted a turn on the table after I finished SammieDoodlebug. I, as usual, complied with her wishes. Spoiled dogs? Here? Well, maybe ;-)
This evening after she had finished cleaning and feeding them, she cuddled up beside me on the couch for a few minutes. She took Jack's monkey paw and just held it while she flipped herself upside down in my lap. I'd have take a picture but I had my hands full holding her head and rubbing her tummy. ;-)
There were no intruders they had to warn off today but they still checked a few times. And Bela seems to be working on a plan to renovate the space under the steps/deck 'just in case'. I am going to have to find the big rocks and put them in her way. I don't want the puppies to be able to get in there when they start going outside (you know, when they open their eyes and ears, it's never too early to worry.)
I think Dog Cindi is supposed to come tomorrow evening. I need her to look at B's incision (it feels like it's time to take her stitches out) and maybe we can have a weight watchers meeting. I've taken some pictures (and I did get the pictures link on the sidebar) and she'll probably take some more and maybe put them on dropbox. We need to do a little grooming on B, too.
The puppies have started attempting to nurse on my nose when I am snuggling them. It's really sweet plus it has the benefit of getting to sniff puppy breath. I guess there's enough that I can share some now so puppy breath to all!



Cristi Fogus Wetherholt (Blindchick)
Allyn Portuguese Water Dogs - Structure,Temperament, Drive...ALL IN!
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment