Friday, March 27, 2015

March 27,2015 Pupdate

So I noticed this morning that the puppies DO play before sunrise but they tend to do it quietly which is very considerate of them, IMO. I went back to sleep for a few minutes after making that discovery, thank goodness.
Puppies' fecal is negative for coccidia which is good but they still don't have great poop. And we've had a few more incidents of vomiting but I THINK they are all different puppies. I KNOW they are all eating so I'm trying not to worry overmuch. It's just very disconcerting to all of a sudden find some cottage cheesy stuff on the fleece - and all over puppies. I've given them sponge baths but I think they are getting better baths tomorrow when Dog CIndi will be here to help cuddle wet puppies in a warm towel.
This morning, I put them in the pool so I could change their linens and clean their pen. They woke up on the way and Bela came over to 'help.' The problem was, she was looking over into the pool at them and they were climbing over the edge. I had to keep getting puppies and putting them back into the pool. When I finally got her to move away, they quit going over the side.
They've done very well with going off the fleece bedding area to potty. I'm not certain they are 100% successfulcompliant with peeing but they have been with pooping. They seem to try most of the time for peeing, too. Such good little puppies. I really think we are ready to put the pellets in, I'm going to have to get the tray out even if it is bitter freaking cold outside again (it's with the outside puppy items)
I cleaned the dirt from Bela's excavation project and the muddy pawprints from the floor today. Poor old big dogs weren't thrilled that I spent another day cleaning the room and then I capped it off with giving them a bath they didn't get to go out and earn. But, with the exception of the puppies and the windows, the whole room is clean. I just ran out of steam before I did the windows.
In case you are wondering what the latest cute thing the pupsters are doing is, I'll be happy to tell you. When it is time for their probiotic,I used to rub their cheek to get them to yawn (the same manever I use to get a whiff of puppy breath) and then wipe it from my finger into their mouth. Now, when I put it on my finger, they lick it off. I have to pick up one puppy at a time so there aren't multiples licking it off my finger. I'll kind of miss it when they start eating (I'll mix the powder in with their food at that point.)
The plan is to sleep in the bed with the monitor on tonight but if I lie awake listening very long, I'll just come back down and sleep beside them again. I need to get SOME sleep. Especially since the vet is coming back in the am to follow up so I can't just go back to sleep after I feed Bela first breakfast and start more puppy laundry. Puppy breath to all! Nighty, nighty, nighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment