Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 17, 2015 Happy St Patrick's Day

Another day packed full of puppy goodness. I actually slept a good part of the night, I only needed a little nap today. I put them in the pool whie I changed out their linens in the pen and, since they were asleep, there were no escapees. Hopefully, that will last until they can go outside when I clean. If not, I'll have to crate them but that's at least a week or so off. Bela seems to enjoy having the additional space to be nearby but not necessarily touching the puppies. She no longer has to resort to lying next to the pool with her chin on the edge.
Dog Cindi and Debbie came this evening to visit with the puppies, Bela and the big dogs. They cut toenails; we had a photo shoot, and a weight watchers meeting. We have just over 17.5 lbs of puppy, just about treble their birth weight. Bela's doing a good job and she's doing a nice job keeping them cleaned up as well. Auntie SammieDoodlebug likes to give them kisses but she lets Bela do the rest. Bela seems to like this arrangement. JillyBean trusts Bela and me to take care of the babies but she isn't so sure about Dog Cindi, Debbie or other visitors. She keeps an eye on them just in case.
We also changed the collars out for the full length ones. Buzz E. and the Green Hornet hadn't quite outgrown theirs but I changed them out, too. And they had some good cuddles.
I am really enjoying the pen, too. Bela is right about there being more room to lie down and cuddle with the puppies. The puppies are good cuddlers but it tickles when they nuzzle and lick my leg. Not enough to make me get up though. ;-)
Everyone was very docile during puppy yoga last night. I guess it doesn't hurt that they had full tummies but nobody fussed even when we did the cold towel part. And they are perfectly willling to have a little snuggle when we are done, too. I'll snag a little extra puppy breath for all of you. Nighty, nighty, nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment