Thursday, March 26, 2015

March 26, 2015 Pupdate

The puppies are starting to have big time wrestling throwdowns when they play. And fortunately, they don't start any of those play sessions before daylight because they can pretty loud about it. They are absolutely adorable even if they are LOUD
Bela wanted me to wake up at 1am, when her next scheduled meal wasn't until 2:30. I tried to sleep through it but wasn't very successful so I fed her a few minutes early but I was awake for at least an hour and a half. I should've taken a nap today but I was waiting on the vet to come.
One of the puppies threw up and they all have some not very good poop today but they seem to be feeling fine otherwise. They are still eating with gusto and peeing fine, no fevers but I've never had puppies vomiting before so I wanted her to check just in case since things can go downhill quicky if they do get something. They aren't dehydrated and hearts sounded good so everything seems fine but I won't hear about the fecal until tomorrow. I offered them a little liver water and they enjoyed that a lot. They aren't showing any sign of feeling badly so hopefully there won't be any more of this. Bela had a nice titer for parvo and distemper so I at least probably don't have to worry about it being one of those (not that the symptoms match anyway.)
We also had her check Bela's eye, one of them is a little goopy but the stain showed no ulcer. She is squinting a little so we got some medicine to put in in 4 times a day for the next few days. I'd do it at mealtime but she eats more than 4 times a day ;-) And since, Jilly seemed a little sore after she sort of fell off of the couch last week, we had her bring some more meds for her in case she hurts again. She seems much better but I worry (I realize I am stating the obvous. While I am doing that, the puppies are about the cutest thing ever.)
Not that I'm paranoid but everytime one of the big dogs got a drink, I immediately thought something was horribly wrong with one of the puppies and then I realized what it was. I'm hoping we have an uneventful night. The puppies have been resting quietly since their last play session so maybe we will.
Bela is asking for cuddles and keeps hitting my arm while I'm trying to type so I think I'll say: Puppy breath to all. Nighty, nighty, nighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment