Saturday, March 21, 2015

March 21, 2015 Pupdate

I'm worn out. All of the big dogs (even Jack) and the pupsters are asleep at the moment as well but they would all be ready to go at a moments notice and I'm only ready to go to bed ;-)
The puppies are turning into little dogs at 2 1/2 weeks of age! This morning (about 5 am morning), after she fed and cleaned the puppies, Bela got ibed with me for a little cuddle. And she even cuddled up without having to stand on my neck having her neck scratched. In very little time though, she looked out the window and saw a deer* in the landscaping next to the house. She was having none of that and commenced barking. SDB and Jill joined right in and even though the deer retreated they were quite adamant about the need to bark a few moments. The part I found most interesting was one of the puppies was barking too. I thought it might've been coincidence but later today, it happened again and Dog Cindi and Colleen witnessed it.
We did some grooming on all of the big dogs; toenails, baths and clipping. The puppies were unimpressed but at least they get to hear the dryer and the dremel.
The pupsters are starting to intreeact with each other, they are even starting to play a version of hungry hungry hippo. Cindi got some video of it today but I can't get it to post here. They walk with purpose aand are even holding their tails up (and wagging) when they traipse aroun the pen. Cuter and cuter, I tell you even though it doesn't seem possible.
I thnk I'm going to give the puppies a cuddle and take a nap. We have big pans for tomorrow: a photo shoot, a weight watchers meeting, maybe even a little cuddling, Puppy breath to all and Nighty, ngihty, nighty.

* assuming a deer, can't swear to it but it stands to reason that's what it was based on behavior and sightings by MSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment