Monday, March 30, 2015

March 29, 205 Pupdate

The puppies are starting to come over to the 'fence' to ask for attention so we need to start rewarding for sitting. All of my puppies end up leaving iwth a case of the sits (only causes any difficulty in conformation ring but it can be trained NOT to happen there easier than to cure jumping up later. They will try that later anyway and havign a good default sit really helps work through that.
Aunt CIndi came to visit today and we had big fun. She got to wrangle the puppies in the pool while I changed out their linens. B kept vaccillating between helping her (by riling up the puppies) or me (by inspecting what I was trying to do. I was surprised that she was the only big dog helping me most of the time.
When the puppies took a happy nappy after that, we held a weight watcher meeting. I knew they were growing (I worried about ther day of gastrointestinal unpleasantness) because their collars need loosened again. I had the collars fairly loose last weekend because their hair covers them if they are very snug so I couldn't tell day by day if they were still growing and weighing them is a 2 person job according to our shop rules;-)
The puppies continue to be surprisingly cute. I really do not have any idea hwo they keep getting cute but somehow they manage to do it. They seem to like the new toys each day and they definitely like the vtech piano toy. I turned it off at bedtime last night and they were visibly annoyed They kept smacking at it and chewing on it trying to get it to make noise again. Eventually they gave up and went to sleep.
Their first kids visitied today. They got to meet 3 kids under 10, a girl and her two younger brothers. I'd forgotten how much Jill (and SammeiDoodlebug) LOVE kids. Bela and Indy knew the kids from Aunt Debbie's and were happy to see them again. The boys were mostly interested in my talking clock/thermometer and things like that but they did interact with the puppies and big dogs some as well.
We had a photo shoot but it was more active shots than posed. It's hard enough to keep them in the box when they are little, they are more active more often now.
They are making more intentional trips into the potty box and some near misses. Occasionally, one will run over there, through it and potty on either side but they are almost always getting off of the sleepytime fleece blanky.
I think I'm going to get my sleepytime blanky ready, cuddle a few puppies (6 to be precise) and then say nighty, nighty, nighty. Puppy breath to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment