Wednesday, April 18, 2018

April 17, 2018 Pupdate

I have no idea whythis didn’t post last night
Eating, sleeping, growing and playing.  They are awake and much more active each time they have a play session.  They actually run around now.  They very quickly figured out how to get into and out of the crate (I removed the doors on the ends) but so far it is mostly just a pathway.  They do take different toys into it (and back out)
I put a balance disk in the pen for them to experience an unstable surface and they really seem to like it.  None of them avoid it or try to get off when it moves but they have been caught playing king of the mountain on it repeatedly.  It’s also a good spot to sleep.  Funny little things.
They are working more and more on those teeth, so far they are just getting more little points poking through, I’ll miss these days when there are 9 sets of needle teeth flashing all around.  I’ll be saying “Teeth are for toys” a LOT.  Fortunately, they have plenty of siblings to practice learning bite inhibition.  I wonder if Nanny McPhoebe will be tolerant of puppy teeth or if she’ll seek higher ground.  She really likes those puppies.
The new defenses are holding pretty well but I’ll have to leave the ex pen door closed before long. I think tomorrow night I might try closing the play area off during sleepy time.  We need to work our way toward sleeping in crates and that’s a good start.
The puppies were sleeping quietly until well after daylight this morning.  Their mother, wanted me to get up at about 7:30 so she eventually resorted to riling up the puppies to get me up.  We both fed them and then ALL of the dogs went back to sleep, I did not ;-(.   Maybe tomorrow, she’ll be more cooperative ;-).  For now, I’ll sing the 3 songs and we’ll say Nighty Nighty Nighty.  Puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment