Thursday, April 26, 2018

04/25/18 Pupdate

Good morning, good morning the little dogs say.  They were sleeping quietly again this am when the alarm sounded at 7 so I didn’t get up until they were stirring at 8:15.  Their mama had insisted on feeding them between 6 and 6:30  so they weren’t starving.
Aunt Cindi came to see them this afternoon so she served them lunch.  They ate well and then the sun was finally shining so we took them outside for a while.  They were not respecting the gate to the dog yard so we finally gave up and let them out into the yard.  They were adorable little amok runners but it’s hard to keep track of them without calling them together and playing duck duck goose.  I felt better since Cindi had trouble too and she can see them.  They come running when I call them so the system works (and has for the other litters but it seems as if these are a little more adventurous - I’m not certain they are, it may just be because there are 9 of them to track)
They settled in on the raised bed with a fleece and we did the multiple blanket thing and they did the getting out of under the blankets to sleep so we finally decided they weren’t cold while they had a nap.  We did interrupt their nap to bring them inside when the rain began.  This bed is too big to fit in the playhouse and eventuallyt he rain will come through the shade sails.  They ran around in the rain to potty before we carried them back inside and they played for a while before they went back to sleep.
I was getting tired of the dog show noise CD so I played them other CDs we have.   I need to get the others out of the vehicle and Cindi is going to bring some various genres as well.  Just to keep it interesting for them, I sang loudly to part of the songs and we danced them around a little. They noticed the noise but didn’t seem to phased by any of it.
I took a little nap while they did before Cindi left.  I needed it since I didn’t sleep much this weekend.  If I’m only going to sleep 5 hours maximum at night (the puppies eat at 1 and 7 and it takes at least half an hour to get it ready for them; the mama dog; and feed everyone plus I have get back to sleep - I can’t go to sleep nearly as quickly as the puppies), I definitely need to nap during the day.
This evening after they had dinner, I took them outside again.  I managed to get them outside for 8 out of the 9 post prandial poops so Yay us!  One of them went in the potty area while I was getting carrying puppies out but that was still pretty good.  It wasn’t raining but it was wet and they ran around like joyful little hooligans.  They are really into trying to chew on the items on the adventure box and they run through it like they don’t care.  Good little honey badger puppies, that’s what it’s supposed to be used to do.  
I couldn’t figure out the best way to hang the soft inflatable Courier ball on there so it’s just out there with it.  Well it was with it, they have dragged that thing all over the deck.  They are getting better and better at running with things in their mouths but sometimes I do think they are running faster than they are thinking.  Dragging heavy/large items is a new favorite pastime, one of them was dragging the smaller flying saucer food bowl until another climbed half in it today.  They like to pull the pad off of the potty areas so they are also starting to enjoy playing with the alfalfa pellets.  (And that is why I use food grade pellets in the potty boxes, I don’t worry so much about the dogs consuming them.  Phoebe kept going in and getting them as if they were treats today.)
We’ve started to introduce “teeth are for toys” because those teeth are coming in faster and faster.  Just as they should but there are spots that they get that smart and that is only going to become more pronounced.
I’m sure more happened today but those are the current highlights.  Well, that and the fact that they are REALLY adorable!  Puppy breath to all. Nighty, nighty, nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment