Saturday, April 21, 2018

04/21/18 Pupdate

We had another big day here today.  The puppies were really quiet (perhaps even sleeping) until a few minutes after 7 when I took them their breakfast. Dare I hope the new schedule is takig effect?  They are awfully good puppies.
 As soon as it warmed up enough this morning, I disinfected the deck, the new railing, and all of the puppy play equipment plus the ladders.  Then I rearranged everything somewhat back into place with some new tweaks since I don’t need all of the old ex pen now.
When Cindi arrived, we took the puppies outside where they promptly scattered all over the deck, through the new gates and down the ramp.  So I worked on ways to contain them while allowing the big dogs access.  Then they had their picnic.  I have no doubt they’ll breach those defenses soon but they’ll probably be allowed in the yard by then.
After we finally had them reasonably secured, Cindi protected them from the potentially marauding hawks while I went back inside to scrub the floor of the pen.  I had an ‘incident’ while clearing out their potty area and dropped puppy poop all over the floor.  Of course, the puppies were right there ‘helping’ me so there was quite a mess even though it HAD been pretty good poop.
Then Aunt Colleen came and we did the photoshoot (extra points if you can figure out the theme).  The puppies were somewhat cooperative at times but way too awake to attempt a group shot.  When the puppies wound down a little, I gave them each their first REAL bath and puppies were cuddled in towels until they were dry enough.  2 puppies whined a little during part of it but were still pretty cooperative.  I sang a whole lot of “this is the way we take a bath” today.  After I finished the last one, I got to do a little cuddling but then the MaterGator came in to rile them up.  Apparently Uncle Trek had been doing that with the ones Colleen was holding, too so we didnt get as long as the MSU (he held the first 3)
I stretched out in the pen with them and some cuddled up to sleep and some practiced their piercing skills.  We changed out their collars since the others were wet and stretchy.  Eventually, they all went to sleep and I had to wake them for dinner.  We’ve all rested much of the rest of the evening so we can have no adventures tomorrow.  Puppy breath to all.  Nighty, Nighty, Nighty 

No comments:

Post a Comment