Tuesday, April 24, 2018

04/23/18 Pupdate

Once again, I have lost all concept of time with puppies.  When I did yesterday’s blog (the only time I can be counted on to have any clue what the date is), I remembered today is the Pupsters Human Didi and Mimi’s anniversary.  I remembered again tonight when I checked the date to start the post (too late to call).  We all hope they had a Happy Anniversary!
      Against all odds, the puppies have become even more adorable.  I LOVE that they come running when they notice me and that I can call them away from the gate where they are waiting for the MaterGator.  (I don’t try to call them away from the Mama in the pen but sometimes they are engaged with me and don’t notice she has entered.)
It wasn’t very warm and it was rainy today so they stayed inside and listened to all of the noises the guys made with the tools.  And all of the cleaning noises and the pressure washer and the CDs and the singing.  Some of them prefer to sit in my lap while they eat.  Maybe more people need to feed them.  Or maybe I should hand feed all of them all of the time in my lap ;-). 
They still sleep a lot but they do it adorably.  It’s hard not to spend all day cuddling them while they sleep.  When they are awake, they are somehow even more adorable.  Maybe not quite so much when they use those emerging teeth on me but still awfully cute.
Some of them mastered carrying a water bottle as they gamboled  around the pen today.  It took a long time to get a hold on it but then it was carried like the prized possession it was.  I also gave them more duttadaduhs, this time while they were awake.  That was also quite the coveted item.  
I THINK that Nanny McPhoebe is taking the new toys I give them before they play with them.  She trades for other toys and eventually brings these back to them but I think I may need to give them a new toy while she is contained and they are awake just to make certain they CAN play with something that doesn’t have ‘older dog approved’ spit on it.
I need to cuddle a few puppies toward sleep and sing the 3 songs, we have an early morning tomorrow.  The puppies will go back to sleep after breakfast but not I.  So we’ll send bitey kisses full of puppy breath and say Nighty Nighty Nighty to all

No comments:

Post a Comment