Tuesday, April 10, 2018

April 10, 2018 Pupdate

04/10/18 Pupdate
Good morning, good morning the little dogs say!  They start looking for me right after they wake.  They still head over to potty first (I’m on the other side of the pen) and then come to talk to me unless the MaterGator is coming in to feed them then.  She often wants me to help with that (she likes me to help make sure the puppies aren’t in the spot where she wants to lie down) so they talk to me, too.
They have a pretty consistent routine: wake, potty/eat, play for about 3 minutes and fall back asleep.  Eventually, they wake and we do it again.  So far, the pooping only in the approved area record is continuing.  Such SMART puppies!
During several of their naps today, I worked on  5s.  The totes are now rearranged for (hiopefully) easy usage/access for the current and next incarnations and the room is almost clean again.  (With it so wet outside, the floor doesn’t stay clean for the whole day).  
I put new enrichment items in their pen each day and sometimes Nanny McPhoebe tries to tell me that those are only appropriate for OLDER puppies - like 3 years and up ;-). I remind her that those aren’t for her and if she REALLY wants something, I get out another one for her and that seems to satisfy her.  I did put the little strawberry flat (completely covered with a blanket for extra traction) in the pen part of the day and they all just climbed right up on it and mostly tumbled off the other side.  That’s why it’s low and has soft landings all around it.  If I’m going to keep adding things like that (and obviously I am), I’m going to need to increase the pen size soon.  For small beings, they take up a LOT of space ;-)
The formula is in the needs to be consumed stage again so I supplemented the puppies some today.  SInce I now have the flying saucer dishes out and clean, I decided to try to see if they could catch on to lapping from the dish.  I took each puppy individually and started the bottle in front of the dish and gently dripped then squirted the formula into it right in front of the puppy.  They started licking it off of the dish so I’d squirt in a little more.  I didn’t want anyone to choke so it was a pretty light layer, I just kept refilling it.  GrammieSammie knew exactly what was happening and was on standby to clean the formula coated puppies when they were finished.  I have more for another snack later, but small quantities because I don’t want the Mama to stop feeding them.  She may have to eat some of it.  And then I’ll make more for just in case.
Hopefully, we’ll manage to hold a weight watchers meeting tomorrow.  The weather is supposed to improve so I hope to get the outside stuff closer to ready for the puppies to venture outside when they are ready.  I didn’t take any naps today so I’m going to encourage Caly to feed the babies and then we’ll all sleep for a few hours.  They’re pretty wound up at the moment so I’m sure they’ll be all for midnight snack as soon as she finishes hers.  Puppy breath to all!  NIghty Nighty Nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment