Sunday, April 8, 2018

4/7/18 Pupdate

It’s been another adventurous day here in the rubber room.  After a nice greeting by dogs little and big, and feedings for all (I just pet the Mama while she feeds them and hand out the occasional squirt of cheese when she wants to get the potty taste out of her mouth - and pet the pupsters, too), I did some cleaning and straghtening.  I finally got all of the ribbons, etc into the shadow boxes (I’ll have to start rearranging again when Deja gets ribbons but that’s at least 5 months and 1 week away) but we put the front’s back.  And then I cleaned the hot glue drips off of the counter (it’s kind of fun as long as one waits for it to cool before sticking one’s fingers into it)
In between puppy feedings and cuddles, I got things ready for Aunt Colleen to come to have a photo shoot (the pictures are already up on the Facebook page, thanks Colleen) and changed out the puppy linens.   Uncles Armada and Trek came to visit them today too.  Armada visits from a distance if he has a choice in the matter (and we try really hard to give a choice so he didn’t have to interact) and Trek visited with his tongue down their throats and cleaning up after them.  And he peed in the potty pan, too.  He’s such a funny boy and he LOVES him some puppies (golden puppies, PWD puppies, he doesn’t discriminate).  Then the non-residents went back on the hill to blow out some carbon.  Maybe next week, the resident girls will take a trip to the pond.  It’s supposed to be nice towards the end of the week.  I’ll need to get the outside puppy stuff ready, too.  
We have gone MORE than 24 hours without a poop not in the designated area.  Great job pupsters!  The pee isn’t quite as accurate but there is a lot of going over to the right spot to do it.  Even if it doesn’t hold for an extended period of time, we had it for this long and it was glorious (but I hope it continues and that the pee part improves as well). I did remember to add the grass smelling pellets (it’s rabbit food or such, maybe alfalfa?). So far, no one has eaten it (it’s mostly under a pad but their Daddy Jack acquired a taste for it so I had to keep it in pillowcases in the potty area so he wouldn’t go in and eat it all (when the puppies weren’t around)
For the past couple of days , the puppies have been making different noises.  I am always surprised when nursing puppies make the noise that sounds like the Canada geese discussing their plan before the flock takes flight off the pond. It’s a lot cuter in puppies than geese (puppies poop less).  Last night, one of them soinded exactly like Cousin It.  They are so very entertaining.
We entertained them this evening with a little hammering.  I’ll probably entertain them with more as I hand pictures on the grid we put on the walls.   The old girls didn’t care but it was the regular hammer instead of the ratcheting one.  Much better in my opinion but I will expose the pupsters to it and noises like it soon.
I’ pretty sure we had a shorit game of bitey mouth today.  Definite interaction between puppies and they like the big dogs and people. The MSU was looking at them after they ate tonight so they were kind of sleepy.  He was standing in front of the pen and he said they were looking up at him.  Such sweet puppies.  They seem t enjoy their toys but the piano is turned off for the night now.  And I will probably gather the toys, too just so I can more easily id puppy vs toys in the night.
If there’s anything more, I’ll try to remember to include it in another post.  In the meantime, I’m going to kiss everyone goodnight and try to sleep until the 2 am feeding for the big and little dogs.  Puppy breath to all!  Nighty, nighty, nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment