Monday, May 2, 2016

May 1, 2016 Happy Purebred Dog Day!

The weather here today has been hard on my head, it's almost time for Botox so I had a roughish night and morning.  By midafternoon, the barometric pressure and my head had reached an equiilibrium and the medicated kicked in so it finally stopped hurting.  The rest of the day was pretty good except the headache had cut well into my sleeping time. Oh well, less than 11 days to Botox now.  You know it's important if I will leave the property without the puppies (not home alone, Tamara will be in charge of them).

We put the Totofit disk in the pen today - bumpy side up and the puppies all ran over it.  They also played a little monarch of the mountain on it as well.  I also switched out the folding pink stool for the old yellow plain stool so this morning, I flipped it over for them when I left the pen to greet Jack (he was asleep when I came down and since most of his hearing is gone, I can get be in the room a little while before he smells me and wakes up.  There's no point in disturbing his rest).  They immediately began interacting with it (they've been 'chewing' on it while we use it) including clambering trhough it.  It is molded plastic so there are kind of squares on the underside but they didn't have any trouble navigating it.  Good little puppies.

It was sunny and warm most of the day so after I fed the kefir (I swan that taking care of that kefir is as much work as taking care of a dog.  These puppies are going to have to start consuming a lot of it, soon.  I froze some of the finished product and I divided the grains into 2 jars and increased the goat milk hoping to slow it down a little.  I put one of them into the refrigerator to see how that does. I've been having to give it 4 cups of goat milk and still strain/change it every 24 hours.  I increased each jar to 3 cups and I'm hoping it goes a little more slowly.  I have a LOT of keifr ready.) I took the puppies out on the shady part of the deck.  At this point, I can easily carry them 2 at a time so it's not hard to make sure there isn'''t a puppy alone in either place.

MamaMila kept a pretty good check on them with me and I let them follow me into the laundry room (I can't remember what I went in there to do but I suspect it was laundry) if they wished.  It was cooler in there so as they warmed up, they were quicker to join me.  I offered them a little snack but their mother was more interested in eating it than they were - they chose to eat at the bar.  Not unusual since they don't all have teeth and the Mama was willing.  I'd say it's safe to assume they aren't going hungry.  

And we do have to assume they aren't going hungry because there was no weight watchers meeting this evening to prove it.  Not too long after I had brought everyone back inside, the MSU called to tell me there were severe thunderstorm alerts in the area. So I had to bring in what puppy equipment I could and secure the rest of it.  That took a little while (and will take a while to put it back when we go oustide tomorrow) as did closing all of the doors.  We had some good thunder (they definitely heard/felt it because they were sleeping and picked their little heads up  but just wen tback to sleep) and heavy rain.  I don't know if we got the high winds or not but several sets seemed to move through.  The puppies were not worried - and did choose to eat my offering, perhaps because the Mama was eating her dinner and therefore not yet interested in theirs.  She did come in to clean up afterwards though.  Uncle Jack was a little interested in theirs (he finished before their mama) and kept walking the 'fenceline' sniffing.  A couple of the puppies noticed him and ran along their side with him.

The weather watch/warning whatever it was (there's a lot of alliteration there) was over at 8:30 so I took a little nap beside the puppy pen as they went to sleep too.  I'm not certain it's a little nap when you sleep from shortly after 9-11:30 but we were all fine.  MamaMila slept with me almost all of the time (she'd settled the puppies in at 9ish and the ottobenbed is a pretty god location for monitoring puppies) and Uncle Jack slept on the couch with feet or head on the ottobenbed.

So we were obviously too busy to obsess over whether the scale was working correctly (we only get increments of 3.2 oz so may switch to an alternate day format) once we were done being ready to get swooped up and taken to sit the storm in the closet.  That would've been a little cramped for all of us so we didn't do it unnecessarily.

The big dogs have had their nighttime dinner and are sleeping; the puppies have been nursed and had a little romp and cuddle and are settled back to sleep.  I think I am going to see if I can't join the slumber party.  Puppy breath to all! Nighty, Nighty, Nighty


No comments:

Post a Comment