Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23, 2016 Pupdate and Happy 14th Birthday to Jack!

The PWD who started it all for me, Ch Tesouro's BlackJack at Yr Svc, CD, RN, NAJ, CWD (my service dog -guide) turns 14 years old today.  I'm not home ot celebrate with him but we did it early and I'll do it again when I get back home.  If he could still hear, I'd call and have the MSU let him listen to me sing Happy Birthday.  It's also the 11th anniversary of JillyBean's (the pupsters Great Granddam CH Tesouro's Black Magic, RN) Got You day but she's crossed over the Bridge so we can't celebrate in person anymore.

Last call took a little extra time last night, not because the puppies were bad but because MamaMila decided to feed them as soon as we went outside.  Eventually, I picked her up and put her on the picnic table so they could potty.  All 6 immediately peed, 3 of them didn't even go off of the concrete. The Treat n Train worked really well for getting them inside the house and pen and then I got out the string cheese to make crating more pleasant.

And they crated (in multiple crates but not individually yet) nicely, ate their string cheese and just fussed a little bit at the very first before going to sleep.

I stayed awake listening for any issues for about 40 more minutes and they were quiet.  I did hear the clocks chime 3  and then I heard puppies fussing.  I went down and resettled them and came back upstairs only to find it was 5:24am.  So I took my meds and then took my pillow and iffen down to the couch to doze for a few minutes.  At 5:45, my alarm went off and it was daylight so I loudly and cheerfully greeted the pupsters and took them outside for pottying and breakfast.

I had plans to go back to sleep but I didn't quite manage that.  I did take a shower, wash my hair, shave my legs, dry my hair and get dressed while they rested inside.  I even took time to put on moisturizer.  I'm surprised the puppies recognized me ;-)

There was some time to hang out before we packed them up to go to the vet Ophthalmologist at Akron and Mark and Rina came by to visit with the puppies agiain before they headed home.

The puppies were quite good in the van again.  There was a little initial singing but they quieted down.  We did have one puke but they must not have felt too back because they also ate it (it was dog food.)

Debbie Totten (she has Aunt Tootsie) met us at the ophthalmology vet in Akron, OH (the one in Columbus is on vacation all week) and met/cuddled/wrangled puppies in addition to helping with the paperwork.  I try to make it easier by having each item that goes on the forms typed up in order and it IS easier than the old CERF forms but it's still never easy.

The puppies began to fuss a little bit about 10 miles from the house which was VERY good considering they didn't potty from the time we left at 11:30 until we got back at almost 5.  I'm VERY pleased.   And they all had perfect eyes - not even any puppy spots.  I'm also VERY pleased about that.

They had a nice evening playing outside with a shortish nap inside.  They definitely had some carbon to blow out tonight.

I'm finishing this up as I wait to make sure that the crated puppies are out for the night.  I need to rearrange the crates a little.  Usually they start out side by side so I did end up having to put a couple of them in together so they aren't so isolated.  They might have eventually quieted down but we have temperament evaluations beginning at 8 am and I'd like them to be somewhat rested.  All of the humans in the house, too for that matter.  Puppy breath to all! Nighty Nighty Nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment