Friday, May 6, 2016

May 6, 2016 5 weeks old!

Happy 5 week birthday to the puppies!  And Happy 6th birthday to their great aunts and uncles from our JillyxBoo litter (Bagby, Ethan, Cleo, Carrera,Bela and Rowdy)!

It's been another BIG day in the puppy pen today.  One of them had a little trouble settling down when I was done cleaning and ready for bed about 1:15 last night.  I played with her just in case, cuddled her, and finally at about 2:30 just put her in the puppy pen and laid down. I turned on some white noise (more for me than the puppy) and she went right off to sleep.

We got up around 7ish and then the puppies began to awaken so I gave their breakfast to Tamara and Mila and I observed from the ottobenbed again. ;-). I almost went back to sleep but I recalled that it was Bela's birthday and texted the Village and then a reminder on my phone startled me awake again.

When the puppies woke up, we took them outside for another playtime and I put the ex pen back against the fence in the dog yard so that puppies will not be able to squish through the fence when they go outside. They got to see/smell/hear the tractor as the grass was cut.  That was followed by the noise of the leaf blower.  The noticed but weren't particularly impressed or frightened by any of it.

Colleen came to do the 5 week photoshoot and they set it up outside while I put down the extra sections of floor, etc.  Their area is now the final footprint.  About the time that Colleen finished up putting the pictures onto my computer, the next wave of visitors arrived.

We played outside for quite a while in the nice warm sunshine.  As the puppies drifted off for their naptime, it began to be pretty windy.  One of the puppies (the one who is off the schedule today, there is always one on a slightly different schedule. I think that is how they get only puppy time with the Mama) was still a live wire so we brought her inside with us.  (We can hear them through the screen door and people with vision can see them). As they eventually awakened and pottied, we brought them in to explore the new pen (so the humans could be more comfortable out of hte wind).

They now have a crate in their area and they seem to like it just fine.  I put one puppy in there when she finally went to sleep and other puppies joined her.  She repositioned a few times but didn't make any real move to exit the crate.  They've all been in and out of if - especially when the Mama goes in and they are all clamoring for a drink.

More visitors arrived during that play session and most of the rest of the day is a blur to me.  I do know the puppies were adorable and engaging whether awake or asleep.  And that they are even more adorable than they were this morning. Oh, I made some little food bites for the people to use to treat them (and my did they make the kitchen smell.) 

The evening weight watcher's meeting revealed that each puppy is now at least 6 lbs.  And the new heavyweight champion is Witch Hazel (at least for now.). The pupsters are sleeping, I am going to get things ready for the last meal of the day and try to go to sleep right afterward.  They start bright and early in the morning and I can't bring myself to miss anything they might do.

Puppy breath to all! Nighty, Nighty, Nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment