Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 26, 2016 Pupdate

Last night went pretty well except for one puppy who wants to sleep on the dog bed.  So I took it up and put that puppy in the big crate with another puppy and all was good.  I woke them up at 5:45 this morning and they happily went straight outside and pottied.  I gave them breakfast and then we came back inside and I went back to bed.  They played some and then went to sleep, too.  I was back up by 8:30 but it was nice to approximate a normal schedule.

It's been pretty warm and a little muggy here today.  Several times I thought it was going to blow up a rain but it hasn't yet.  We ended up spending more time inside today than yesterday because of that but the puppies were good.  They are adept at finding fun things to do wherever they may be and they are awfully darn cute at it - even when they are loud.  Very loud

Once they have all of the toys out of the toy bin, they play with the bin, too.  With or without toys in it, they spend some time in the bin too.  I find it pretty amusing when they tip it sideways and play in it.  Another favorite game is to put some of the ex pen or crate between them and have 'discussions.'  That game is quieter than you would expect.

I'm afraid to jinx it but they seem to ahve finally synced up on the potty schedule.  It has been carpet grade (maybe even shag carpet grade) pretty consisently, too.  These are the things that make a sleep deprived breeder's heart sing ;-). The puppies are sleeping so I think I'll go take a little nap before Tamara and Roger get back and it's time for last call and going into crates for Nighty Nighty Nighty time.  Puppy breath to all

No comments:

Post a Comment