Monday, May 30, 2016

May 30, 2016 Pupdate

We had a big day here today.  I got the puppies up at 6:10 (love that it takes a little longer to get daylight in a room full of windows here) and took them outside to potty.  They ran around a little and then I took them into the inside pen (I LOVE the Treat n Train for getting them where I want without having to round them up), gave them a snack and went back to bed.  I listened to them on the montior but I slept in my own bed last night.

We've been in and out several times today and took a trip up to the pond and a little jaunt up on the hill.  We took the big dogs to the pond before we took the puppies (they needed to blow out some carbon and the puppies were sleeping).  We had Phoebe (a year old cousin), Aunt Caly, and MamaMila at the pond with the puppies and the puppies enjoyed chasing them in and out of the water. All of the puppies had several turns with guided swimming started facing away from shore.  We all had big fun - even if we only had milk bones for treats (GrammieSammie thinks they are the best thing in the world next to meat in a metal bowl)

They had chicken wings for lunch while I bathed the big dogs and then they took a little nap while big dogs got their toenails done.  And then we had puppy baths.  They were a little fussy (some of them a lot fussy even before we got them into the shower) but they were still nice and cuddly afterward.  And then they played and played and took a nap.

We've had a fair amount of napping today in betweeh big bursts of energy.  And during those big bursts of energy, they were quite active.  New things: they use the top of the castle sandbox as a launching pad.  If you sit too close to it, they'll leap into your lap (so I have to sit far enough away that they know they can't make it or they may leap and miss.  One of them stood on top of the castle sandbox (they are really good at getting onto it these days) and then went in the window of the playhouse. That was a little scary for me but no damage to the puppy (or anything else but the puppy is the part that matters.)

I need to go find some string cheese for their going into crates alone treat (I don't have 5 treat n trains to do each one individually.) and then we'll go out to potty and I'll count poops and then into their big puppy crates, we'll go.  Puppy breath to all!  Nighty Nighty Nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment