Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 7, 2016 Pupdate

Another eventful day in the life of the pupsters and the humans that serve them. I  played 'possum for a while this morning waiting for the first wave of puppy visitors to arrive and the puppies to awaken.  I was only awake because I needed to go to the bathroom but it was too close to time for them to get up to wake anyone.  MIla nad I heard them arrive so she got out of the bed and went in to feed the puppies and I went to the bathroom.

This morning we had our wits somewhat about us and took them outside first thing.  They did some pottying and greeting of people and then we served breakfast.  They have had guest waiters each meal today and we've started clicking while they eat.  When they get REALLY into eating, we'll start adding in the magic word and magic whistle training.

A couple of them went off of the deck and into the rocks and some even made it out into the grass.  Mila wasn't overly thrilled with that turn of events so we didn't encourage that to continue.  They did it again later with less opposition from the Mama but we aren't playing out there too much yet and that's fine with me.

The Mama has started to play with and occasionally make little corrections when someone uses their teeth too hard.  I'm glad she's doing that because some of them are really starting to use their teeth.  They'll tell each other about it soon, too.

We had the small swimming pool full of balls out ont eh deck with them today but none of the puppies ended up in it (there is a fair amount to do) so when we brought them inside for afternoon nap (the wind picked up and it started sprinkling so we carried everything inside and brought the puppies in, too), I put it in the pen.  Oh my goodness, it was a MAJOR hit!  I put the Totofit equipment around the pool just to see if they'd notice/use it and they almost immediately used the disk as a launching pad.  There were many real leaps into the pool full of balls and they did it repeatedly.  They'd also choose to come out over where the wedge was if they'd gone in on the disk side or vice versa.  It was wildly entertaining for the humans as well as the puppies (maybe more so for us).

We also had the Great Kefir Tragedy of 2016.  I was carrying the bucket o' prepared kefir (a gallon bucket( into the kitchen (I do the fermenting out of the main part of the house because that stuff reeks) and the handle broke just as I went through the door.  The lid came loose and splashed kefir on the carpet, my clothes, my face and even into my hair.  I think my shoes may well be ruined.  We were all trying to clean it up - I didn't want that scent in the carpet and I noticed that it was dripping out of my hair onto the floor.  So I went to take a hazmat type shower and the company cleaned it up.  It was seriously an awful thing.  I'm afraid my shoes won't recover (or I'll think I smell kefir even if I don't.)

Kim brought all of the ingredients for dinner and cooked for the group.  It was very good and I am certain everyone appreciated having real food to eat ;-)

I know more happened but I am exhausted and can't recall more right now.  Frankly, I am waiting for it to be late enough to feed the puppies last meal so I can go to sleep.  I need to copy some pictures and videos off of my ipad onto my computer because we filled up the storage again.

I do recall that the weight watchers meeting revelaed that we have a tie for heaviest puppy and we have an even 40lbs of pure puppy goodness.

I'm going to prep food and try to stay awake.  Puppy breath to all!  NIghty Nighty Nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment