Wednesday, May 25, 2016

May 25, 2016 Pupdate

I didn't get a message posted yesterday, we had the temperament evaluations and then more puppy visitors and I slept for about an hour.  I'm just do-less ;-)

The puppies continue to grow and become more adorable - even if the do have the propensity to occsaionally sink their little needle teeth into various parts of us.  They are also doing it to each other more and more and learning that it HURTS and nobody likes it so they shouldn't do it.  It is a hard thing for an excited puppy to remember all of the time though.

Speaking (actually typing) of growing: we held a weight watchers meeting last night.  In the week since we had last held one, we have gained almost 10 lbs of pure puppy goodness.  I don't notice them getting so much bigger but i do notice that they are definitely becoming more and more able to do things.  There are very few uncoordinated attempts to do anything anymore.  It is extremely difficult to thwart a concerted effort on their part to do something they are intent upon doing - even more so if they are doing it as a group.  

Yesterday evening, one of them even managed to get up onto the picnic table bench.  I could tell it was about to happen because the puppy was climbing on top of a basket that was beside it so as soon as success was reached, I gently picked said puppy up to prohibit any jumping/falling onto the concrete patio.  And I've kept the basket away from the area since then.

Individual crating last night was a little noisy but generally successful.  I am somewhat better set up for it at home - plus here I worry about the neighbors hearing the initial cacophany so I suspect it can last a little longer individually.  We're getting there. 

MamaMila spends a lot of time outside standing/sitting guard in addition to playing with the puppies.  There are more things that apparently need to be warned off here than at my house but there are also occasional squirrels she might need to get.  The puppies haven't noticed squirrels yet but they have found some really large worms to hunt ;-)

The puppies are resting up for a big night of individual crating.  I'm going to go get a little rest, too.  Puppy breath to all (although occasionally worm hunting means they temporarily have dirt breath instead). Nighty Nighty nighty


No comments:

Post a Comment