Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 8, 2016. Mothers' Day Pupdate

The pupsters were awake and quietly playing by 6:30.  I went to the bathrrom and changed the laundry over (my clothes from the great kefir tragedy were in there) to the dryer and when I returned, they were no longer so quiet at 6:50 so took outside via door in crate 3 at a time. We had 6 pretty immediate poops (carpet grade) but cannot testify if they were from different puppies followed/intersperesed with lots of playing

When Tamara came out, I put the purple fleece in the playhouse.  Several of the puppies immediately fixed it for me because apparently I did it wrong :-). Such little PWDs already.  They then went back to sleep before breakfast (from us Mila fed them about 6:45 am) with the exception of one. She was awake and played but gave her couple bites of stuff I made for handfeeding treats just in case she was hungry. 

MamaMila came out in middle of HER breakfast to check on them. Woke them up so we fed them then (I didn't want to wake them, they need to sleep so they can grow)

And that's the extent of the notes I took as the day went along.  Here's what I can do from memory:

Kim came after they had eaten but I think they were still awake.  Can't testify to that.  I know she did get to do some playing with them and then she worked with Tamara's videos and turned it into one - with reasonable sound instead of all of us talking because we didn't realize the video was going.

Gale, Linda and Rhonda (owners of the sire) arrived around 10 (I think).  Most of the puppies were sleeping.  Since I had a gorup of willing cuddlers, I bathed the puppies.  They were almost all good.  One of the girls wasn't entirely in the mood to cooperate with me but she didn't scream or whine, just didn't make it as easy for me.  The size of some of these puppies will probably mean that the future baths will be in the shower as they aren't fitting well in the basin in the laundry sink.

There was more playing and cuddling and the Marylan contigent left some time between noon and 1.  They made it home safely. 

The puppies had several more awake/sleep times and spent a chunk of the day outside.  I was cold this afternoon when it was drizzling so we brought them inside for a few hours.  During this time, one of the puppies REALLY wanted out of the pen.  So I took her outside and was reqarded with a poop.  I'm pretty certain that was what she wanted becuase the fussing ended.  I LOVE it when they decide they need to go outside to potty,

. At their dinner time, we took them out for a picnic.  Steve Hanson was the guest waiter tonight, Roger was the guest waiter at their lunch.  The puppies were equally gracious with the guest servers as they are with us ;-)

After their dinner, we unblocked the ex pen from the yard.  We've been doing this periodically but they haven't shown too much interest in it.  This evening, with a little encouragement all of the puppies went out into the rock and grass.  5 out of the 6 puppies pooped in either the grass or the rocks and they ran and played and gamboled.  Eventually, there was a little too much gamboling becuase Trillium climbed up into the baby pool full of water (I had saved it from the dripping hose so they coudl hear the water and we could use it to pour water over potty spots on the deck).  We panicked a little bit but she really didn't seem to behave any differently than in the bath.  We got her out and wrapped her in a towel but she wasn't really even soaked ot the skin.  When she was dried off enough to know she wasn't cold, we put her back down to make sure she was good with all of it.  Our natural reaction is to baby her but we needed to let her have some fun in the same situation pretty quickly so she doesn't do any latent learning that it was a big bad experience.  She was VERY happy to romp and play and run amok (but the pool was emptied and turned over).

As the puppies wound down, we took them inside.  It wasn't really cold tonight but the humans were chilly so we brought them back inside for the night.  There should be plenty of warmer nights soon to take have them out in the dark.  

Mila played with them more today and I no longer remember if it was yesterday or today but one of the puppies caught her tongue when she was licking it.  I don't think it held on as long as some puppies have done to her mother but she didn't react to one of them having her tongue in it's little needle teeth (but I don't think she went right back to licking that face either like her Mama did)

I'm hanging on until midnight to do the last feeding and then calling it a night.  Tamara and I both plan to have naps tomorrow, wish us luck!  For now puppy breath to all! Nighty, Nighty, Nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment