Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16, 2016 Pupdate

The pupsters were a little off schedule last night - maybe because they had a big day or maybe because I kept coughing/choking and perhaps wake them up.  I did take a couple of them outside during the night and they did potty but they wanted out.

Tamara came down before 6 this am and, although there was frost, they wanted to stay OUTside!  One of the big attractions appeared to be licking the dew off of everything.  I gave them a little water in the larger satellite food dish and some drank a little water.  At least one puppy decided it was the perfect bed.

Tamara ended up taking a couple of them outside so they didn't awaken the others but it ended up going in shifts.  She eventually put on one of the neoprene hoodies but was still cold.  They mind the cold much less than we do.  Maybe we need a fleecy bed inside the playhouse.

When it warmed up a little and the 2 outside were giving it up, we brought everyone out to finish their naps. They played and slept a few times.

For lunch, I gave them their wormer in balls of meat.  I delayed that until after their trip to the pond yesterday.  They really seemed to enjoy it, a couple of them thought my fingers would make a nice chaser.

In true Water Dog fashion, they enjoyed playing with the paper plate as much as their toys.  The toys had been washed so maybe that diminished their appeal.  Other items considered to be of great interest include leaves (especially dried ones) and grass.

Because it is always full of dew or rain water and the puppies are large enough to use it the correct way now, I turned the play picnic table right side up.  So they all eschewed the playhouse and slept under that this afternoon.

We took them for a walk around the house this afternoon.  Mila wasn't as thrilled as they but did manage to pee.  They swarmed and roamed and swarmed and roamed.  Most difficult to get everyone through gates

Jack pokes his head out dog door to see if it's clear/what's happening,  puppies run over to greet him.  I'm afraid they'll be through it before long as they investigate it when there's no dog there as well.

They played outside after dinner even after if got dark.  As they started to pile into the playhouse for some sleep, I started carrying them inside.  2 followed along behind me as I carried the first one, the other 3 were zonked out so I carried one and then 2 since I won't leave one outside alone.  (Not that we leave any of them outside unattended.)

They were pretty quiet about coming inside so I made this some of their 'alone' time and sat in another room for a couple of hours.  I'm going to go give them a midnight snack and close them into the nighttime area.  Then we'll sing the 3 songs and go nighty nighty nighty.  Puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment