Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May 4, 2016 Pupdate

Good morning, good morning the liitle dogs say!  They said good morning to Tamara today because their Mama and I were still sleeping/resting on the ottobenbed beside them.  (I don't think I am waiting up for the MSU to come home from work tonight, I had another napless day today and I need more sleep than I am getting.). They are awfully cute though- especially first thing in the am. And at all of the other times of the day, too.

They ate breakfast and played and 2 pooped.  After about an hour, they went back to sleep.  I was thinking about going back to sleep as well but after I did the cleanup things (wash bowls, move puppy laundry, etc.), the puppies were awake again so we took them outside.  There was an almost immediate poop a thon and a LOT of playing and playing.  I love to hear their little paws running across the deck indiidually but especially as a group.

Since it didn't rain this am and the sun actually shone for a while, I finally mowed the dog yard.  Tamara sat with the puppies while I did that to amke sure none were distressed.  They had a lot of opportunities to be distressed because it was high and wet so I had to go over it a few times.  I also did the edges really well (had to remove the ex pen from the fencing to do that).  They registered the noise (picked their heads up) but otherwise didn't react.  I had to keep restarting the mower, too because it was so wet and long.

Shortly after I finished mowing, the rain began.  The puppies were in no hurry to get out of the rain, they mandered or gamboled around continuing on about their puppy business. 

As it was their lunch time, I put their food on paper plates.  They adapted to that just fine.  So far, they have eaten from glass, metal, paper, hands and gloved hands (and their mama). I'll have to check my spreadsheet to make sure I don't miss anything as I continue to rotate through their feedings.  They were also happy to clean up the plastic container that had contained the food (there's another material but I don't usually feed out of plastic so not counting that one much)

Tamara brought the float line with smaller floats than mine and, after sterilizing it last night, gave it to the pupsters when they were outside today.  They seemed to really like it - they've been playing with a fair amount of rope and that was right up their alley.  It's amusing when one is pulling it and it gets hung up on another puppy.  Generally, the tugger just keeps yanking along but if the Mama goes by, they drop it and follow her.

I'm amazed by how many of them have SammieDoodlebug's tongue (their Mama got it too). I don't recall puppies giving this many kisses at this age but I doubt I'm converting short term memory into long term right now (probably not when I was sleep deprived with those puppies either). But shortly after I thought that to myself, one of them proceeded to sink those little needle teeth into Tamara's cheek.  Guess it's almost time to advertise our new piercing parlor ;-)

The inside pen received the much larger potty pan (a tray that goes under a washing machine to contain any leaks) and some new toys including Jack's old water gear bag (minus the drawstring but I did add a rope), and a couple of electronic ones.  They seem to really like the singing, ear flopping reindeer stocking hanging on the side of the pen.  Several of them really gave the poor fellow a good working over.  There is also a mechanical wobbly ball that rolls around erratically for them.  

They continue to be in and out of the toy container and play with the v-tech piano toy (I can't believe that, sans the microphone, it's lasted 9 years).  The small lazy susan hasn't proved to be any difficulty for them, it'll soon be time to addd in the larger one.  The box that the going home collars, leashes, toys, etc came in seemed like a really fun puppy toy so I put that in with them too.  Then I took it out and cut a side door because it's rather large and took up a lot of space.

Tomorrow, I plan to do the final pen expansion.  It will still change some during the remaining time but that will be the final footprint.  The 3 door crate will be part of the exterior walls.  Eventually, that will be the door they use primarily to go in and out of the pen.

We held a weight watchers meeting tonight after Tamara cut toenails and they had another big play session.  They've all dropped off to sleep.  I'm going to prep last dinner for them and the big dogs and then do some cuddling until time to feed them.  Then I plan to go to Nighty, nighty, nighty myself.  Puppy breath to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment