Sunday, May 15, 2016

May 15, 2016 Pupdate

Good morning, good morning the little dogs say.  I just wish they'd say it a little later.  It is nice that we have a lot of daylight but I don[t need to see every bit of it ;-). Actually, last night/this morning I was awake because I have a sore throat and I was afraid I'd sleep too late for the puppy swim.

The pupsters and I went outside at about 6:15.  It was cool but if the wind would just let up and/or the sun would shine, it wouldn't feel so bad.  I changed out their linens as soon as Tamara came down and we fed them.  Then when they started back to sleep, we brought them into the pen.  The theory was that they'd rest up for their big afternoon.  I did vacuum their room while they were in the pen.  They are unimpressed with my vacuuming skills and just went on about their puppy business (like flinging balls out of the pool and chewing on siblings)

Part of the Village came and we did first swims.  When it was sunny and not too windy, it wasn't bad at all but when the wind blew clouds over, it wasn't very pleasant.  They got warm showers afterward and we skippe dhte plan for them to have a picnic lunch up by the pond today.  Maybe another day will be warmer/sunnier and we can do that.  I think they will probably follow us/their mother.

After puppies were warm and cozy in their pen, we took the big dogs back up to the pond for a romp/swim.  It is safe to say that a good time was had by ALL of them.  Caly, Mila and SammieDoodlebug were all about getting in the water and going after bumpers.  Even if it was supposed to be another dogs' bumper.  Armada wanted to be cutoff man and return the bumpers after the girls brought them to shore. 

I noticed today that when a video of us calling them is played, the puppies want to come.  They will wake up out of a sound sleep and get all excited.  We'll have to be more careful about what they hear when they are supposed to be sleeping.

At leasst one of them can now get through the high door of the puppy pen so those will both stay closed when no human is out here and at night now.

They've done some more playing and resting but the pond was enough adventure for us today.  THey're having last supper and then lasst call and I'm going to pen them in for the night.  Puppy breath to all.  Nighty Nighty Nighty


No comments:

Post a Comment