Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The pupsters and i had a rather rough night.  They needed to go outside and every time I went outside, I had horrible coughing fits.  So I finally compromised and let them have the whole puppy area again and tried to get to where I could breathe.  I fed them at 5am hoping that they would settle down and we could all sleep late. They were all sound asleep by 5:30 and I texted Tamara that maybe we were sleeping later. That worked for a while but then the MSU got up to go to work and it was kind of loud through the monitor.  I got up to turn it down and go to the bathroom and that got Mila all excited and you guessed it, the puppies were UP!  Tsmara came out and we took them outside to potty/play.  It was rainy and I proceeded to cough again so I came back inside.

They were insistent that they were ready for breakfast - apparently the meal at 5am didn't count.  So Tamara took them one by one into the laundry room and did a little training for their food. It was extra interesting because I used the last of their softened kibble for the 5am feeding and the new batch was still pretty hard.  SInce they managed it, I gave them a few pieces of completely unsoftened kibble in a couple of kong type toys so they could forage for it.  They seemed to enjoy that.

They do enjoy being outside but they have been more amenable to spending some time inside - and they were even more into it with the food occasionally appearing.

Today, the only puppy we hadn't noticed climbing on top of the castle sandbox climbed right up.  She was then the first puppy to climb up on the righted picnic table.  A few others did it after her, one of them did it and then headed right on over to Tamara in the chair beside it.  It would have been really sweet if she hadn't proceeded to immeidately chew on Tamara. ;-)

More than once today, puppies asked to be in my lap and just cuddled up and went to sleep.  Not the same puppy, and sometimes more than one puppy at a time.  It was very sweet, they didn't bite me at all.  One of them gently mouthed at my sleeve and watch but noreal biting like they do much of the time.  

Speaking of biting, they are starting to really use those needle teeth.  Fortunately, they are also starting to tell each other they are biting too hard.  We have a few new tears in our clothing to prove it.  I'm going to have to start stuffinf braided toys all over my clothes to distract them again.  Im not sure why I never remember that until they puppies turn into adorable little bitey monsters.

I'm hoping we have a better night tonight, I plan to try to start sleeping earlier tonight.  So I'm going to post this, and begin the nighttime routine.  Puppy breath to all, nighty, nighty, nighty.


No comments:

Post a Comment