Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 30, 2015 Pupdate

Another day with the cutest puppies in the world is winding down. They were good in their crates again last night and were still quiet when I came down at 6:30 to take them out. I think I may have woken them up but they wake up happy so it's ok.
The vet came this morning to do some blood work on the old dogs and do some puppy stuff, too. We got their first dose of heartworm and i gave it to them right after lunch. It was a little difficult to get one pill per puppy so I separated them. It started off easier until their Mama busted her way out with us and Uncle Jack followed. After that, I took each puppy behind the gate in front of the door and closed the door and gave it. Some took longer to chew it all up than others and they all wanted in on the others' turn but it was one to a customer.
It rained off and on so we did a lot of out and in today. And one of them has figured out the dog door and comes in on her own. She wasn't even following a big dog when she did it the first time. Nor was it just luck, she did it several times throughout the evening. She comes trotting over to me just as pleased as punch when she does it so I'd pick her up and we'd have a cuddle. A couple of the times, I then put her in the pen because she wasn't staying outside. If her mother wouldn't push the ex pen out of the way (I have created a smaller area inside the fnced yard so the big dogs can come in and out the dog door when they need to and not be accosted by puppies but Bela feels no compunction whatsoever about pushing it out of the which leaves a gap for hte puppies to come into the area. I close it a lot but she does it without my realizing it sometimes) this wouldn't be an issue.
I finished the last baby blanket today. THe material has been in their room so it all has the scent of home but the Mama has been sleeping on the finished blankets for a little extra help in that department.
Speaking of scent, I think the rubber room smells like kefir. I hope I can leave the windows open and air it out some and I may add some essential oils to the water I spray on the floor when I steam clean it to see if that helps. I hope it does. I'll also use vinegar on the walls instad of just dusting them. I'm going to be busy after we get back from our trip to Ohio tomorrow. Grandma Jill needs to see if the chiropractor has any ideas about her weakness in her hind leg and the puppies are riding along because I don't leave them AND it's good experience for them. Some times you ride, ride, ride. The big dogs are all going to ridealong, too because they like that. All of them are better travelers than I am.
I did last call a few minutes early tonight because I took Trek (their cousin, he's going with us tomorrow) outside to potty and they woke up and wanted to go, too. It was 10:45 and we are getting up extra early tomorrow PLUS it wasn't raining at the moment, so I struck while the iron was hot. They played some with Trek (he LOVES puppies, unbelievably sweet for a 9 month old male) so I am not certain if all of them pooped but I hope everyone who needed to did. I'm sleeping on the ottoben bed (I've been sleeping upstairs since Monday) tonight so I'll hear them if someone does need to go outside.
They are very very very cute all of the time bu especially when they sit to get what they want. Another thing that is absolutley adorable it how they run into the crates in the pool room at night. It takes a little effort to limit them 1 to a crate - they don't understand that I want them to spread themselves out. They just want to get in one and if another puppy is already in there, oh well. I eventually get them divided up but it's quite the amusing process. I love enthusiastic puppies.
I'm certain they did more amazing things today but I need to go to sleep so I can get up way too early tomorrow. The puppies are already sleeping soundly (they are quiet by the time I turn off the lights at the end of the 3 songs) and all of the dogs except Trek are as well. He's sleeping in the puppy pen tonight and is killing a snake. Hopefully, when I turn off the light, he will go to sleep too or I'll have to take all of the toys out. Nighty, nighty, nighty to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment