Thursday, April 16, 2015

April 16, 2015 pupdate

April 16, 2015 pupdate
I turned over this morning and all of the little poppets were sitting at the edge of the crate and potty area looking at me (presumably). It was daylight so I fed them and took them outside to potty. And then, since I was awake until 4am, I brought them back inside and I went back to sleep while they played relatively quietly and napped as well.
We went back outside and enjoyed the weather (they enjoyed the rainy bits a lot more than I did I must say.) They play in the rain just as happily as they do in the fair weather but I quickly become weary of the rainy part. At least I can sit just inside the door part of the time.
We've been having a foraging kind of lunch. Some of it was in the satelllite bowls with water so they had to fish it out. More of it was in kong or jolly balls in various locations like the castle sandbox. They didn't have trouble with any of it so they still aren't going hungry. Their mama still tops them off several times a day, too but I've managed to keep her from giving them her meals again lately.
The puppies had just gone outside this morning when the old girls noticed that there were INTRUDERS in the yard. For some reason, geese were in the yard instead of the pond. I guess the big dogs haven't been spending enough time up there to keep them moving. But they were very, very adamant that the geese move on and eventually the geese went back into the pond.
My keyboard case for my ipad broke and my computer is being contrary but a new case is on the way so it will be easier to type again.
I took them for a little walk outside the fence today. They were sneaking out between the gate and the wall so I took them out the back gate and around the back of the house then through the yard and down the driveway to the gate on the deck back into the dog yard. They were very good to stay with me and then when they cuddled up in the playhouse, I put another section of ex pen to block them from squiggling out again. I'm pretty certain that's our only defense they can breach.
We're going to say nighty, nighty, nighty for tonight. Puppy breath to all


Cristi Fogus Wetherholt (Blindchick)
Allyn Portuguese Water Dogs - Structure,Temperament, Drive...ALL IN!
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment