Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13, 2014 6 weeks old!

The puppies, Bela nd I have spent a large chunk of today hanging out outside. This afternoon/evening Bela has been actively playiing with the babies in the yard and on the deck. It's very sweet. She is very much choosing to do it as she could go to the other side of the fencing if she wanted to be outside but not interacting with them. Aunt Sammiedoodlebug ahs played with them some today, too but not as much as B. The puppies play with their flags and the girls lie down so they can jump at their faces and play bitey mouth. I'm a little surprised that Bela hasn't done it with a toy in her mouth like she does everyone else (human or canine.)
The registration forms came in the mail today so that's ready. CIndi is working on printing the info for the puppy books for me so they should be guaranteed to be legible (I can't tell what comes out of the printer) since I sent the colored paper with her a while back and gave her Bela's Very Important Folder from my Binder of Dog Information. I need to make the crate blankies soon, too.
There was a lot of pre-forecasted rain yardwork done here today by the MSU so the puppies got to here the tractor a lot, the lawn mower in the dog yard, Burnie going up and down the driveway beside the dog yard, the leaf blower (very, very loud in my opinion. I'm glad it has moved down the driveway.) and the thing that flings grass seeds all over the yard. Possibly more but those are the ones I recall at the moment.
They show interest in some things but if they are asleep, nada. And so far, no one has shown any fear or concern. They are starting to sack out again now and it's there normally scheduled dinner time. I guess it will be a little later this evening.
I had to set the ez up up today because they sun was getting too warm. I rearranged the items on the deck to accomodate it and have attempted to block access to the grill. They are getting big enough to chew on the wheels for real and that doesn't seem safe to me.
Today's picnic lunch was in the castle sandbox (there is no sand in the sandbox). Everyone managed to climb in to eat without any difficulty or fussing. We'll have to do it in one of the pools with water soon (not too much water or the food floats out, I have discovered the hard way).
I had better get the stuff inside before it commences to rain (or gets dark whichever comes first) and then feed the babies and big dogs. Bela gave her dinner to the puppies last night in spite of having seen me feed them. She nursed them first, too. I'm hoping to prevent future recurrences of that.
Have I mentioned that these puppies are absolutely adorable? And sweet? Well they still are and they keep getting more and more so. I may be prejudiced (or maybe I'm high on puppy breath) but I don't think that's it. I think they are just some of the cutest puppies ever. We are going to say nighty, nighty,nighty to you a little early tonight. Maybe I'll get in some early pre sleeping while they do.


Cristi Fogus Wetherholt (Blindchick)
Allyn Portuguese Water Dogs - Structure,Temperament, Drive...ALL IN!
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment