Friday, April 24, 2015

April 24, 2015 Pupdate

The puppies have had another busy day of being adorably smart. Other than their mother waking them up at 5 am, they are doing well at contained sleeping. We'll be moving to individual crating very soon and it might include their mother. I kept threatening to do it before now but it feels mean, especially since she comes back to cuddle with me after she gets them all riled up. They are getting pretty good at quieting down when I sing the three songs.
It was a lot prettier outside today so it was more comfortable for me to be outside with them but I think it is supposed to start raining again tonight.
In case you didn't notice, we finally got pictures (and link to pictures) uploaded. I think the really cute Easter photo shoot ones are on there, too.
There was a hard frost this morning so we all came back inside and went back to sleep after their first trip outside. I got an extra hour and a half of sleep, mostly. There was a little less rest due to the big dogs playing musical cuddler but it was better than being completely awake and upright ;-)
I've been taking the puppies outside after they have their bedtime snack and they haven't had any aversion to being outside after dark. I still don't leave a single puppy outside alone at ay time so no one feels abandoned.
Speaking of abandoned, I inadvertently locked a couple of them in the laundry room for a few minutes today. I thought they all came out with me and I went into the rubber room to get more laundry when i heard puppies fussing. I went running outside to see what was wrong and couldn't find all of them but then they were jumping up on the door so I figured it out. They weren't exactly traumatized since they tunred right around and ran back inside. I think they were in the bathroom, they've been exploring every nook and cranny they come across.
I've been continuing our environmental enrichment and it conitues ot go well. Today, I was going to put the food dish on sheets of aluminum foil. I took the foil out with the food. I had to put the foil down to dish out the food and the puppies were all over it. The really cute part was they remembered they are supposed to sit for things and they managed to sit on the different pieces of foil. Have I mentioned htey are GOOD puppies.
We continue to pactice Sherpa skills since i know some of them will be flying but don't yet know which ones. They all think it's great fun and very worth cheese. So far, all of them are food motivated. They like to play with toys, too but I haven't tried to use toy drive to motivate them.
We have a busy schedule beginning tomorrow. They have temperament evaluations tomorrow, Sunday the vet is coming to see them (microchips, exams, etc.) and Monday we go to Columbus for ophthalmology exams. Tuesday, we'll have conformtion evaluations. They'll be buy puppies but I'll make certain they have plenty of downtime, too.
They aren't down for the whole night yet but I m going to say Nighty, nighty, nighty now. Puppy breath to all


Cristi Fogus Wetherholt (Blindchick)
Allyn Portuguese Water Dogs - Structure,Temperament, Drive...ALL IN!
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment