Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 28, 2015 Pupdate

I slept in my real bed for the first night in 8 weeks last night. I tucked the puppies in after taking them outside at about 11:30, sang the 3 songs, said nighty, nighty, nighty and turned off the lights. There was a little singing at first but by the time I had finished last call with the big dogs, they were quiet. 2 of the girls are sharing a crate right now (I vary which 2) because I only have 5 crates out there but the girls will have a chance after the boys start leaving (the girls aren't going as soon.)
They weren't fussing when I went out there are 6:30 am but they became excited when they heard/saw me. Tomorrow morning, I need to take their dish with their breakfast prepared with me from the door to the dog yard so it will be easier to get them outside. As it is, I open the crate doors and they mill around my feet. They have all made it outside before they have to go potty but I'd rather not have to worry so much about stepping on them. If I had dime for every time I say "I'm wearing that shoe", I'd be in a higher tax bracket.
We didn't go for any car rides today. We played inside and outside and they took a few naps. We did a really good job coming inside and going into the pen, in spite of the fact that the big dogs were loose and milling around. They are really cute puppies. I'm not looking forward to when they start leaving. I think I may need a fudgesicle run.
They continue to be adorable and do really cute things. They are very good at helping me with everything I do. They like to help with laundry, with pouring water, with feeding time, with cleaning up the yard, with every step I take... the list goes on and on. They are getting pretty good at being redirected so they stop biting at me. It also works it I have them sit for cookies (usually cheese.) but that always brings the others running to join the fun.
Puppies are napping away. I almost hate to wake them up to take them out for last call but I can cuddle them each a few minutes before I take them outside and sniff a little puppy breath. We are going to say nighty, nighty, nighty to all

No comments:

Post a Comment