Friday, May 1, 2015

May 1, 2015 Happy Purebred Dog Day

We celebrated with a road trip to have Grandma Jill's leg checked out by the chiropractic vet. On the road by 7am for the 10 am appt. The puppies were pretty quiet travelers. There was a little fussing on occasion but that was another long day of riding.
One of Trek's co owners met us there to take him back to her house for some show prep. Uncle Indy and Cousin Caly also got checked (and adjusted and the other dogs did a ridealong.
While we were there, the next paitents drove up and it was people from our area so they and the vet's daughter helped us potty the puppies and let them run for a few minutes before we headed back home,
Once home, there was still daylight and it was warmish and sunny so the puppies ate and played a few minutes before Cindi took Phoebe (fka Bizzy the pink girl) home wiht her. So now, I am counting down from 5 and trying not to cry. Tomorrow, it'll be 4. I'll need some fudgesicles to get through this.
The remaining 5 and I played with the hose. Well, they played. I was spraying off the deck and the rocks. They danced in and out of the stream, grabbed at the water with their mouths, splashed in the castle sandbox, and 'helped' me guide the hose. Then the wet puppies took a nap.
I let them stay outside until it was dark and then I brought them back into the pen. We'll go do last call soon, they are fussing every time I go to the door but are going back to sleep pretty quickly.
I also cleaned enough inside to get the kefir odor away. I'll finish cleaning in the morning. Well, as much as one ever finishes cleaning with dogs and puppies ;-)
I need to do last call. Grandma JIll is on restricted activity so I need to lift her on and off the couch (I don't have the heart to make her not lie on the couch at all so I'll get her on and off and that'll work for that. And I need to cuddle my puppies and get more puppy breath while I still can.
Nighty, nighty, nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment