Thursday, April 9, 2015

April 9, 2015 Pupdate

And they've made it another night and day without having pooping in the house! Such good puppies! I carried them outside in pairs this morning because I didn't want to make them wait while I contained the big dogs out of the way and I knew they'd get distracted and pee on the way.
They ran out into the grass to pee and then came bounding back onto the deck for bite-having. I switched them over to the big satellite bowl and they have a little more space. I've also been leaving them some very weak goat milky water in case they need a drink.
It got pretty warm out there today and then sun shone hard between it looking like it was going to be a horrible storm (and iffen giving me dire warnings about the possibiity of same). I hung a blanket over the playhouse so they'd have a little extra shade and then I wet the whole thing down with the hose. I went ahead and washed the deck off while they were outside since it was so warm. Usually, I do it after they go to bed for the evening so they don't get a chill but that wasn't an issue today.
I think we might be almost too old for the toy wiht no name (their MiMI suggested a good name and it escapes me at the moment) because they were dragging the whole thing around by various toys on it. I had to take down the swing except for very supervised playtimes, too. They are growing.
Speaking if growing, I actually picked a puppy up and checked for teeth because they were doing a pretty effective job of bting my ankle. Still only using the four canines but they are little needle teeth. Funny how those sweet little mouths full of puppy breath that gve such gentle nice kisses to faces can be so treacherous as they learn about biting. We are starting redirect with a toy, now.
I've been taking them out for little walks individually and they are very good to follow/stay with me. So far, none of them have hesitated at any of the new surfaces. I think I need to consult my list to make sure they get all of the choices. I know we haven't walked on aluminum foil yet, I'm a little afraid they'll rip it up and I'll be having to fish pieces out of their mouths.
I THINK I am going to sleep upstairs in the bed tonight. I have my feeding time alarms set so I can just come down and feed them and go back to bed, I went back to sleep pretty quickly last night but i was down here. It's been nearly 6 weeks, they haven't really needed me the whole time as much as I rested more being where I could hear them than where I worried about the monitor.
I had to move the monitor because they were reaching thought the ex pen to try to get to the plug. I could find something to block their access but for now, it was quicker to just move it.
Bela and Jack are requesting my attention so I'm going to cuddle/throw the monkey paw a little before I go nighty, nghty, nighty. Puppy breath to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment