Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April 8, 2015 Happy Birthday to our Masters' Litter and Pupdate

The puppies want to wish their aunts and uncles a very Happy 8th Birthday. They were born unexpectedly (according to progesterone testing to determine ovulation, they were 6 days early but they were full term puppies) on the final day of the Masters that year (and Easter Sunday) in the family room and the kitchen.
These puppies celebrated by having a more than 24 hour streak of no pooping in the house. I brought them inside a little before dark last night and took them outside about 8:15 this am and nobody went in between. Good puppies! They continued that thoughout the day and that was a iittle more deliberate on their part since I had to make them come inside for the big storm (with accompanying high winds) in the middle of the day. They were not terribly amused by that and then a couple of the girls just would NOT settle down. So I picked them up individually and carried them outside. One of them peed and was then content in the pen and the other one pooped and was content. I don't know if they will conitnue to insist on that or not but I hope to be able to comply. The others held it until they went outside and had dinner.
Their Human Mimi and Didi were back this evening so they got some additional cuddling and chewing and biting of pant legs/shoes/ankles. They've been trying a little of that out on me but so far it's not that big a deal for me. I have had to tell them "i'm wearing that shoe" when they are walking so close to me that they step on my shoe when I am trying to take a step (it's a phrase commonly said to their canine family members, only rarely to humans).
They were unconcerned with the storms and we had some nice big lightning and loud thunder. I only classify it as nice when puppies are around, I'm not a fan of storms.
They are enjoying their new toys each day but still like the old ones (they almost always get the vtech toy in the pen) and the always popular dried out leaves that they find in the yard. There a mighty battles pitched for a leaf as well as great feats of hunting prowess to take down a menacing leaf. Obviously, I find their antics pretty amusing.
They've started napping in the playhouse more than anywhere else outside. Some of them on the raised bed, some under but no consistency to either place. Fortunately, they are used to sleeping through my near constant games of duck, duck, goose so it doesn't generally disturb them when I make certain they are all accounted for numerous times.
One of them went to sleep being cuddled by their Mimi and when my MIL arrived to visit, I took her so she could get up. I carried the sleeping puppy around for a while and handed her to Didi when I needed to prepare the old dogs' dinner (I started to type big dogs but Cooper is much smaller than the others) and she slept on and on.
I brought the others in at the edge of dark and they were awake so it wasn't such a disappointment to them. 3 of them were out by the fence but came bounding when called. They all played quietly (for puppies) in the pen and dropped off to sleep one by one. I have an alarm set for their night time feeding and then we'll go back to bed until at least daylight (I have an alarm set for that just in case I don't notice for some reason. The other dogs aren't early risers, so they aren't going to wake me up.
For now, they are sleeping so I'm going to get myself ready for nighty, nighty, nighty, too. They still have plenty of puppy breath to go around

No comments:

Post a Comment