Saturday, April 18, 2015

April 18, 2015 Pupdate

Hmmm, what did we do today... we went outside first thing but we did take a detour by the mama Dog on the way. She was content to just stand in the middle of the room to nurse them so I had to put her on a leash to take them outside. She nursed them for a long time before they went on oout into the grass to potty. Then they had a nice healthy breakfast.
We hung out until the villagers began arriving. The puppies were happy to welcome their dog and human family members. We dremeled all of their toenails and they were oretty cooperative. They were sleepy but woke up enough to enjoy the cream cheese.
Trek (their cousin born last July) absolutely adores the puppies but also seems to think he is still a baby himself (he wants in the pen, etc.)
We took the puppies and JillyBean up to the pond in dog Cndi's van then we let the other big dogs go on foot. After the big dogs ran amok and swam, and it warmed up a little more, we put most of the big dogs in the barking lot and had the puppies' frst swim. I found the water pretty cold but it didn't seem to bother any of them. Aside from a couple of them being sleepy and not bothering to swim at first (one of them just floated for a moment or 2 before swimming. I have my hands right there all along so nothing can happen but I prefer them not to surprise me) and then most of them deciding they aren't quite done swimming yet and just swimmng on along the shoreline instead fo getting out, it went very well. Dog Cindi took video and it's on facebook.
After the swm, I gave the puppies showers - in the real shower like the big dogs instead of in the sink like puppies. Then they had a slightly delated lunch and some more napping. They'd play and nap and play and nap.
They were also treaated to the sounds of the tractor and lawn mower this evening since it appears more rain is headed our way. Then they had dinner and the Mama topped them off (again). I tried to wait for everyone ot potty but only 2 of them needed to poop. The problem with not being with them every minute is I can't keep track of who owes me a poop. I mmay take them outside again at last call to see if anyone feels the need to go.
I think for now though, we are going to say Nighty, nighty, noghty. Puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment