Thursday, April 23, 2015

April 23, 2015 Pupdate

Happy Anniversary to their human Didi and MiMi!
The puppies were lively today. In spite of it beng what I thought was too cold today, they had big fun outside a large chunk of hte day. I did bring them back inside after their first outs and potty and they played fairly quietly and then napped.
I attempted to hold a weight watchers meeting myself today so I could gets weights for their next dose of wormer. (Again no ine appears to have worms but in puppiies, I don't like to risk the possibility since the stress of pregnancy/nursing make the ones the Mama was probably born with encapsulated have a chance to sneak by her system.)
But the important part of that story is to point out that puppies found the whole process WAY too interesting. Mistake number 1 was doing it when they were wide awake. Mistake number 2 was trying to do it where they all had access. I was trying to hurry so the scale and my ipad didn't power off while I swtiched puppies. So we all had quite the time with me trying to get one puppy and one puppy alone on the scale. The ones not on the scale in the 'basket' wanted on the scale or to be in the basket or chewing on the basket and the one IN the baslet was trying to get out to play with the others. It was an adventure but I am pretty certain I got reasonable weights on each pony (they are definitely not tiny little puppies these days.)
They helped me with laundry several times today, especially by making sure that one of their outside blankets didn't blow away when I tried to pick it up to take it to the washing machine ;-)
When I brought them inside after dinner and potty/play time, I put the big dogs in crates/behind gates and called the puppies to come into the pen. A couple of them made it straight in, a couple flew by and had to come back to the door and one got upset that everyone els ewas in there getting cheese and tried jumping up on the ex pen protesting loudly until suddenly realization dawned and it darted for the gate. Unfortunately, by that point, Jack had moved his gate to come get some of the cheese so I had to lift that one over the gate. Then they all practiced sitting nicely for cheese.
They played a little bit more and then sacked out while I was straining the kefir. The goat milk version is less stinky than when I use cow milk. I think I'm going ot try powdered goat milk next time since I am out of canned.
Their cousin Caly is staying with us a few days. She is more comfortable with them and this morning she was play bowing and doing her hound dog bark (she is NOT a hound dog, she's a PWD). Twice today, I heard a puppy do a version of that 'bark'. I don't know if it's coincidence or genetic.
I think it's time for us to say nighty, nighty, nighty. Puppy breath to all

No comments:

Post a Comment