Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015 5 weeks old!

And they spent it being cute and smart and generally adorable! Today the puppy inmates got some actual 'yard time'! I opened the end section of ex pen on the deck so they could go out over the steppong stones, through the river rock and nto the actual grass area. It took some of them a little longer than others to notice/care - a couple of them didn't pay any attention until that's where we held the picnic and then they were all for it.
I do have to pay attention which way I turn it as it makes the pathway different. I prefer to block it from the yard side so they don't try to walk the edge of the deck between the ex pen and the rocks. It gradually slopes down and I don't want them doing stairs until they are older (4 months old according to the study I heard.)
Bizzy and Vespa have discovered the joy that is peeing out in the grass. Multiple times, they ran out there and peed. This evening, when Bela went out into the gras and opened the bar (and hung out with them a fair amount as well) we even got some poops out there. YAY puppies!
AuntieDoodlebug also keeps a close eye on them outside and keeps them company a lot of the tme. She likes puppies and always has. Cooper isn't entirely certain what he thinks of them but he politely avoids/retreats if they are bothering him. Jack just tells us to 'make them stop touching me' like he does with pretty much everey dog except CalySue.
We'll have to think up more exciting adventures for tomorrow. And then, I'll have to remember to make notes about them throughout the day. Today, I was busy being overly vigilant (it's better than under vigilant) about making certain that all of the dogs were happy together (the old dogs wanted to be near the people who were often near the puppies which was varying degrees of ok with them) to stop and take notes along the way.
I'm going try to catch up on a little rest now and I don't think I'll want to write at the 3 am feeding time (I hope to go right back to sleep tonight) so we'll send puppy breath to all and say Nighty, nighty, nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment