Sunday, April 19, 2015

April 19, 2015 Pupdate

Good morning Wild Things! Not having an accurate poop count didn't hurt us in the no pooping overnight department. Yay Puppies!
I wish I had some of their energy this morning. They sound like a pack of angry jackals taking down some prey and then arguing over it. They've been in and out of the planter in the corner of the yard (the one that is there ot slow Caly down from heading over the fence to go to the pond) chewing on the as yet dormant of lavendar plants (they may not recover from this but that's ok), found a new breach in the blocking of of stair access to puppies (we moved that piece of gate to block off the dog door from dogs wet from the pond yesterday and didn't put it back just right) to see if they could figure out how to come in the dog door; 'helped' me with luandry by trying to rip holes in my ankles; and as I type are waging great battles over an empty water bottle. I think they are starting to drop off to sleep though.
It hasn't rained yet so I don't have to worry too much about them getting cold outside and they have a dry blanky in the playhouse. I find it ceaselessly entertaining that they go from 100 miles a minute to going into the playhouse and sound asleep in a few short seconds.
They have mastered running with objects and have made a really good start on climbing with objects. They are sometimes thwarted by a sibling who thinks that the other end of whatever they are trailing looks like fun and it disturb their balance a little but sometimes they make it where they were going with the toy still in their mouth.
It's now hours later, almost time to go nighty, nighty, nighty - the pupsters are all having a little rest before I do last call. Dog CIndi came over this afternoon and we played with the puppies individually in the pool room. We managed to keep them from going onto the pool cover but several of them thought it looked pretty fun.
They had to spend a chunk of the afternoon iinside because it was rainy and coldishh and I didn't want them to get chilled (and I didn't want to be cold and wet either. I took them back outside for their dinner and they stayed out there until nearly 10. I stayed with them from before dark until they came inside but most of the time, they slept in the playhouse. I woke them up and led them out into the yard to potty before we came inside. It was their first time outside in the dark (there were lights on but it was dark outside) but they didn't seem to react at all. Good little HoneyBadger puppies!
I'm going to give them their bites a little earlier tonight and hope it doesn't result in them rattling the bars of the pen telling me they are starving. So we are going to say nighty, nighty, nighty and send puppy breath to all

No comments:

Post a Comment