Sunday, April 5, 2015

April 5, 2015 Pupdate Happy Easter!

April 5, 2015 Pupdate Happy Easter!
It's been another adventuresome day here. It seems like there are lots of new things every day when they hit this age. And somehow, they find time and ways to become cuter and cuter, too.
They (and their stuff) were exceeding the available space in the pen plus they were just about to go over the ferret ex pen. So when it was warm and sunny today, I took them out on the deck for most of the day. Well on the deck and in and out of the lundry room wth me. After the floor dried, I pulled the plastic out (I thought ahead when we put it down so it pulled out to full length pretty easily) and then put down 2 more pieces of flooring. Then I remodeled the pen, added a crate with the 2 end doors off and a ex pen (as opposed to the 5 sections of tall I have on the part against the wall.) And a bunch of toys, play equipment etc.
For both of their picnics today, I put the food in the middle of that thing I don't have a name for but they didn't hesitate at all. They've been interacting with it anyway so that's really an issue. I have new adventures planned for tomorrow, too. I hope the weather is a little cooperative. If not, they'll experience more storms which is always good for puppies.
Tonight, they met their MiMi and DiDi and uncle Cooper. MiMI and DiDi are humans, Cooper is a blue merle mini Aussie (that's not the new name for them breed but it's the one I recall.) He wasn't too interested in them so he gave the right signals to appease their Mama. We let him meet Bela and the puppies before we brought the other dogs back into the room. Jilly wanted to remind him in her ugly voice to behave but I think he'll be back in the pack in the morning. I wonder if he remembers when he was a tiny puppy and would only eat out of a bowl with one of them. He came from a breeder near me so they picked him up and we wrked on socialization, crate training, all of the things we do with our puppies just a little later on some things and I think he must've only eaten with his littermates out of a common dish because he'd play musical bowls and eat with Jack, Jill an SammieDoodlebug and they all just moved away to let him eat (that's why he switched to the next bowl, he wanted one that was in use) Cooper seemed pretty happy to see me again (He has seen me since the puppy experience) and insisted on trying to stick his tongue up my nose. Fortunately, his tongue is larger than when he was 8-10 weeks old so it doesn't fit but it's still nicer if he doesn't try that ;-)
I can't remember if I turned off the vtech toy, I certainly hope so or I'll be in for a rude awakiening tonight. I already have to get up at an odd time because Bela fed them at different intervals today so when 2 of them had the hiccups around 10, I fed them (then she topped them off.) I just don't want them to start thinking the day starts before daylight.
I can't hold my eyes open so I'm going to send puppy breath to you all, sing the 3 songs and say: Nighty, NIghty, Nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment