Saturday, April 4, 2015

April 4, 2015 Pupdate

My goodness these puppies are adorable! And now they are 50 percent cuter because they have less hair. That's right, they have been lionized (after their group photo shoot)
When Cindi and Colleen got here this morning, we took them out on the deck for some playtime followed by a picnic. We set up ther photo shoot and I hope the pictures captured how absolutley adorable theses little monsters were.
We took advantage of sleepy puppies to expose them to the clippers. Between that and the little bits of cream cheese they licked from my fingers, it went very well. We don't go for perfect grooms on puppies, it's just get the hair off with happy puppies. We are going to have to go back and snip a ittle bit off of each puppies jacket because I didn't have my baggies ready and the hair was all co mingled before I realized we weren't distinguishing between puppies. A tragedy, I know ;-)
After their trims, we attempted to clean up the hair with a broom first. Several of the puppies thought hte broom looked like a lot of fun and tried to help. Then we used the shop vac which didn't disturb the puppies but I thought it was very loud. Some of the puppies thought they should offer their assistance witn that as well. Some of them just went to sleep as it was naptime and they'd benn working hard being puppies.
We got too hungry to wait for them to wake up and let them follow up into the house and to the pen. We carried them 2 at a time in and I set them in the potty area just in case they needed to go. They just sat where I put them and slowly sank into downs.
After the big dogs had their chicken, I bathed Armada and we blew his coat dry. The puppies don't pay any attention to the dryer 15 feet away, we'll have to introduce them to it one of these days as well. Pupsters have busy busy schedules, there's a lot to do in the time before they leave. I can't believe they'll be 5 weeks old Monday. I need to win the lottery so when people get one of our puppies, I can put them in a house nearby ;-)
Dog Cindi forgot to take the card from the camera so it may take a while to get the new pictures up, you'll just have to take my word for them being cute as buttons!
I'm going to take a little nap before they need theri nighttime feeding. They are really enjoyng this eating thing. Auntie Doodlebug is enjoying cleaning their faces afterward and they kiss her back. Bela likes to top them off but seems pleased to let me feed them, too. We all need to rest up for another big day of adventure tomorrow. Nighty, Nighty, Nighty and puppy breath to all!



Cristi Fogus Wetherholt (Blindchick)
Allyn Portuguese Water Dogs - Structure,Temperament, Drive...ALL IN!
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment