Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30 Pupdate

The pupsters and I are all back home safe and sound. They had a nice trip to Columbus and weren’t too bad for their CERF exams. They were the worst I’ve ever known them to behave on a table for their conformation evaluation, though. Fortunately, they aren’t graded on table behavior ;-) Now I have to decide who to send where and let them start going to their new homes. Where did the time go? (Boy, I sound old don't I?)

The puppies were good on the drive out and back but we did stop and re-separate them on the way home. We had 3 in each crate and in one crate they were playing pretty loudly. Rearranging them settled it right down. None of them got sick or had a pottying accident in the crate.

I think they had a good time at the Trostle’s house. They met even more people – but they’ve never met a stranger – and discovered the joys of mulch. I don’t like mulch so we don’t have any which I am sure added to the appeal. Everyone trying to keep them out of it made it into a game. It didn’t appear to be as much fun when I would clean it out of their mouths but it was worth trying again and again.

They’ve settled right back in to life at home and proceeded to get out of the fencing time and again this evening. I took part of it down because I took it with us and they are enjoying that. At this point they still tend to hang out right at the fence so I am not too worried but I’ll have to fix it soon or they’ll get even braver.

I think swimming in the pool might be on tomorrow’s agenda for them. Jack has to go to the vet so we’ll see. I do have some individual crate time planned for them tomorrow as well. If I do it when it’s naptime, it will go easier for all of us. I also do it beside the other puppies in crates so it’s not as scary.

Since the temperament test is over and they already showed their desire to retrieve now I can reward it. Pink and I were playing with a monkey paw and she was retrieving it to my hand and then playing a little tug. Wonder if any of them would retrieve a dead toy for me? Maybe there’ll be time to find out before they are all gone. Actually, most of them aren’t leaving this weekend so we’ll get to play some ;-)

I need to get everybody- especially me – ready for bedtime so we’re going to say nighty, nighty, nighty now.

No comments:

Post a Comment