Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7 Pupdate


Adventures, adventures! The weather was much less hot and humid today so after I got back up from my morning migraine nap, I took the puppies out on the deck. I enlarged the ex pen and hung a sheet for some shade for them. I put a little water in the wading pool for them and they got in and out some. I cleaned their inside room while they were getting some new environmental stimulation. Sammie stayed on guard outside and Jill laid just inside the storm door to observe and report.

While their floor dried, I sat outside with them and threw the ball for Jack and a dummy for Sammie. Jill went in and out of their pen to check on them and give them a snack. After I put down their clean linens, I sat in the ex pen with them to be swarmed. There’s not much like a puppy swarm ;-) I have to remember to sit where Jack can hand me the ball over the side next time though. The sun came out a little more and they were getting sleepy so I brought them back in. All of them are pretty good about coming to the gate when I call (or just appear) but a couple were sleeping and had to be carried the whole way.

After they napped, they got a visit from a golfing friend of Bruce’s and his 2 children. The children and I played with the puppies while they went up to work on golf clubs. The older child has generally been afraid of dogs but Jack has won him over with his willingness to retrieve for him (children seem to enjoy having someone to boss around.) They weren’t quite as thrilled with the puppy swarm (they were a little worried about them biting them even though they don’t have the vicious little needle teeth yet) but had really good time and plan to come back. I think they especially enjoyed being encouraged to make a lot of loud strange noises.

All of the puppies have the hang of eating out of the puppy pans now. I make sure Purple and Pink get their fair share since they are smaller (they are not tiny by any stretch of the imagination but they are littler so I watch them more closely) and then let Jill in to clean up the pan and top off the puppies.

We brought the ez-up shade canopies and more ex pens up from the buildings this evening so I can take the pupsters outside more. I have some digging to do on the dog yard improvements and they can watch as long as it’s not too hot. They’ll have their pool and shade and if necessary, a fan. I am not sure if I will be bringing them off of the decking yet though. Have to save some adventures for later.

Time to get ready for nighty, nighty, nighty. Puppy breath to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment