Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9 Pupdate

What’s the best way to make it rain? Dig up your dog yard . We are destined to have lots of mud. Back on the hill, mud is considered fun but in their yard – no way! You expect us to walk in that? Ick. Although mud is on the list of surfaces I want to make sure the puppies experience, I think I’ll wait until we take them up to the pond for swimming.

The puppies had an inside day and played with their toys in their room. They helped me with the linen changes and had a few meals and a few naps and a few cuddles. It was cleaning day so they got to hear the vacuum and other noises.

They had another new visitor – I am only keeping an unduplicated census of people they meet. I need to add him to the list of after 4 weeks old.
(Dog) Cindi came by this evening and played with the puppies and took lots of pictures. They are on Picasa now (the link is on this page.)

The puppies have gotten wise to Jill’s trick to get them away from the gate so she can jump in. She would go to the other side and when the puppies came over to see her through the ex pen, she’d run over to the gate and hop in. Now they won’t leave the gate. I got tired of going over to open the other one (they can go through it so it stay closed) and I made her a second entrance out of closet shelving. I completely forgot I have a little short ferret/puppy ex pen. I’ll get that next time we go to the building and replace my improvised entrance (I had to put vet wrap over the sharp edges.)

They ate all of the beefy goat milk I had made for them at dinner. This is the first time they’ve eaten it all. Usually they start getting distracted and I let Jill in to clean it up and top them off. Tonight she just got to top them off.

They have started to occasionally check to see if Sammie might be able to nurse them (or bite her legs.) It might have to do with the fact that they are eating other things so are trying everything out. Sammie gives them a little noise and they move back to an acceptable interaction. She licks their faces and they chew on hers and bat at her with their paws.

In case you were wondering, they are still incredibly cute.

I’m starting to really worry about my computer. I’d better back it all up again and take some of these pictures off of my hard drive (pictures and downloaded books take up a LOT of room) just in case. I don’t want to lose all(or any) of my puppy stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Not really familiar with blogging, but I would assume the newest blog update would appear at the posting time (this one says 10:40pm). I've noticed this happening the past few days too. I just got it at 10:52am - despite clearing cookies. Odd... Anyone else experiencing this? No worries though, it gives me a good mid-day break from work :) - I had just started to completely zone out and now I'm all focused again (okay not really)!

    ReplyDelete