Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22 Pupdate

It’s sleepy time down south but a couple of the little ones are still playing with/in the water bucket. They all had a big SIMULTANEOUS case of the zoomies a little while ago. That creates quite a cacophony in the house ;-) I am glad we got DVR (I highly recommend it for housetraining your puppy as well. You can always pause whatever drivel happens to be on and then skip a few commercials later.)

Purple Bela is now streaking with Royal T. She was trying to chew on her ribbon and it worried me so I just removed it. I can tell her from the others when I would be close enough to check the ribbon anyway. She may be the smallest but she gives as good as she gets with the other puppies. She and Pink! have almost figured out how to climb so I am working on nipping that in the bud. I had to get back up and change the divider last night because Pink! had gone over it. Now if Jill needs to feed them in the night, I’ll have to let her in or them out.

I still cannot get over how cute these puppies are. I am enamored of all of them and they have such endearing ways (for the most part anyway.)

The Brownies seem to want to try to earn their camping merit badges. They threw the I need to go out hissy fit and then didn’t want to come in. At least they didn’t appear to be fazed by the dark and the shadows from the floodlights. I was thinking earlier I was going to have to make sure they all went out in the dark and I guess they read my mind. Now that I have brought them back in, Purple Bela is crying that she wants to go back out. Cary just went over to comfort her and that quieted her for a moment but now she’s run over here and is trying to climb the ex pen. She got up a few rungs but not over, I think I may have to start making sure she gently falls or I’ll have another Indy on my hands. She can sure pitch a hissy when she is so inclined. Cary keeps trying to comfort her. Purple Bela is craving affection this evening. She wanted me to hold her and then she wanted Bruce to hold her after he got home. She quieted down until he put her back in the pen.


They do seem to take notice when one of the big dogs barks while in the crate. They don’t seem to notice or care if they bark when the doorbell rings but when Sammie or Jack bark during ‘quiet time’ they all look in that direction and run the that side of the ex pen.

Today, we practiced sitting for a treat. I didn’t use the clicker – I don’t have enough hands for that. Maybe I will see if I can lure a down tomorrow.

Well, apparently I didn’t nip that learning to climb quite quickly enough because just had a puppy climb out. I need to reinforce the night time enclosure. At least Jack will tell me if someone gets out in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment